aa/aaa jaycar charger feedback

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      kevsta
      Participant

Does anyone know if this Jaycar charger is any good ?

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MB3512&CATID=18&keywords=&SPECIAL=&form=CAT&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=295

I’ve been told it charges at 250mah, meaning that for a full charge of AA 2500 it’s going to take like 13 hours… a bit too long for my liking but at least it’ll do the 8 aa batteries for the controller in one hit.

betty.k
      Participant

actually a friend bought one, it does the job but it does take a long time to charge. it tends to keep the batteries warm while charging so don’t freak out.

i’d class it as “good enough”;) :8ball:

kevsta
      Participant

Thanks betty. It says it discharges as well before the charging, only I don’t know if it does this for nimh. I might check it out tommorow at jaycar…

betty.k
      Participant

you select the discharge feature manually, that red button does the mode functions;) :8ball:

Ogier
      Participant

Yep, you don’t have to use the discharge, it’s just an option.

I picked one of these up for $40 from Electus Distributions – Jaycar’s wholesale arm. If you’ve got an ABN you can buy through them at better than retail prices, but if you can’t get to silverwater, then you’d have to pay for shipping. 🙂 You could always get some batteries and other stuff while you were at it. hehe

It seems to work well enough. It charges each battery individually which is a plus over my other charger. It is slow though. I have it on while I’m at work and it can take over 2 days (about 10 hours per day) to charge 900mAh AAAs! And the cells weren’t even fully discharged!

It does get very warm though – almost as hot as charging them at 1Amp on my other charger, but then it would take just over 1 hour.

Cheers, Graham.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.