Aargh!!! Hard Wired Motors

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      titaniumonkey
      Participant

Okay, I just bought an audley clone and it’s perfect except for the speed. It’s a bit on the slow side, so I decided to change it’s motor… except for the fact that THE FRIGG’IN MOTOR IS HARDWIRED!!!!! Yeah, I can’t believe it either… anyways, does anyone know how to un-hardwire (safely…)the motor so that I can change the motor at ease?

merc-blue
      Participant

get a soldering iron and put it on the join wand pull the wire… then get the contacts outta a BCG and put them in and solder wires to them or…. put in the new motor and hardwire that!!!

titaniumonkey
      Participant

thanks, is it possible to cut the wires, then place one on the side of a motor, one on the end?

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yes you can, but if you are going to solder the wires you need to be very quick, or you will melt the end cap.
      For the wire onto the side of the motor, I have soldered onto the case before, at the side near the end of the motor where the shaft comes out so that you dont melt the cap.
      Theres a pic on my website of a motor I swapped, it had a wired in 2.5(??) and the owner wanted a 4.2 put in. So the 4.2 had to be soldered and wired in. This was done on a muscle machines car.
      BCG_42K_wiredin.jpg
      :)uA

titaniumonkey
      Participant

thanks for all this info but I’ve finally decided not to solder or cut the wires at all. Although the car is a bit slow (slower than a 2.2, maybe a 2.0 cuz it’s got a dark green cap) It gives the car amazing run-time witha 30 second charge ( almost 5 minutes with a 30 sec charge) so, thanks for all the info, I might do this to another car if I get another one but in the meantime, nah, no soldering for me yet.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.