• Author
      dusted08
      Participant

has anyone tried playing with an auldey race win cars
      and have tried upgrading it with relays
      if you do,can i ask for a diagram

i2obert
      Participant

i have got the diagram thing some were on a pice of papper looking in upgrading myne soon when i have some time

dusted08
      Participant

cool
      can you send me one plsss
      so that i can try upgrading my race win

have you tried using battery packs for your race win?

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

you’d need 2 seperate battery packs if you still want turbo to work, i personally didn’t think it was worth the stuffing around

i2obert
      Participant

i tell you waht i like with the race win u can mod it and hide all the mods with a race-tin after you do heaps of mods u got batary hanging on the roof and other crap race-win you can have it all under the cars body

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

The race-win has the worst tyres ever tho

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

The race-win has the worst tyres ever tho

dusted08
      Participant

yup they are when they are in stock
      but if you have upgraded into bearing it would be a blast. 😀

what i dont like about race win is the buzzing sound it makes when turning 👿

dusted08
      Participant

yup they are when they are in stock
      but if you have upgraded into bearing it would be a blast. 😀

what i dont like about race win is the buzzing sound it makes when turning 👿

dusted08
      Participant

hey guys help me out with my predicament
      its about the relay thingy…:D:D
      can you send me diagrams plssss :clown:

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

what batteries you running that cause the buzzing???

relay diagram:

http://www.ausmicro.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1089&FORUM_ID=14&CAT_ID=5&Topic_Title=Race+win+%2F+race+tin+roll+call&Forum_Title=TinCar+%2D+Discussion

Do you have different tyres for yours?

Edited by – Pork_Hunt on 07 September 2003 02:49:43

dusted08
      Participant

im using gp 2000
      im presently using my stock tyres
      ill be upgrading to bearing tyres soon

how about a 6pin 5v relay setup diagram?
      coz im having a problem on purchasing a 5pin 5v or 6v relay.:D

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

5 and 6 pin relays are the same, the 5th and 6th pins are connected internally. I haven’t tried using 5volt relays on a race-win, and i guess they would work (1.2 * 4 = 4.8v) but i do know that jaycar 6v 6pin relays work a treat.

dusted08
      Participant

oh ic :approve:

what are you using now?

:smiley16:

Admin
      Participant

how’de just got my auldey race win car lat weekend (200sx) and bought my misses a supra the sx has already had a respray (Yellow) and modified motor (from 100 down to 45 Turns)
      also the 2 batterys (deepest into the bat box are the turbo batterys. so if you want a faster turbo connect more batters in series to these. the relay mod willnot do much inless you have a verry low turn motor which draws more current to turn and cannot draw it throgh the circuit board
      theres a site (&shop) in adelaide http://www.rczone.com.au which i think has all the upgades (tyres, motors parts etc.
      :8ball:

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

I couldn’t find any parts listed on the website…?
      I was kinda disappointed with my relay mod, but it does mean if I do get my grubby mitts on a rediculously fast motor, I can use it.

GT-ahh
      Participant

do these things use 130 style motors?

Admin
      Participant

i think there a bit bigger like mid 200 the relays only stop the resistance of the circuit board by taking power straight from the batterys it wont let that much more volts through though but alot more amps will be able to be drawn

dusted08
      Participant

how many batteries have you added on your setup?

🙂

Admin
      Participant

me none yet i hvae the normal 4 for the normal spped and the 2 extras for the turbo i might ad another 2 on the turbo circut i cant seem to charge the batterys i bought in the charger i bought the charger is one of those delta-v comuter chargers but the thing only seems to be charging at peak rate for over 12 hours now and the batters are still flat i might have to take it back

dusted08
      Participant

have you tried upgrading your race win with relays

dusted08
      Participant

i have tried upgrading my win with a 3 5v relay setup. the problem im having is when im into turbo mode and release it and the cars slows down it still keeps on moving.
      what do you think the problem is:sad:

Admin
      Participant

i compleated the turbo mod on the week end and my car went a bit better im trying the 4x5vrelay setup but after my last message about the battery+charger problem i have discovered that its not the batterys or charger but my car well i thought it was the motor i re wound it to 45turn and it use to go insainly fast with little load but now even with no load it just spins at about 200 rpm im guessing and gets verry hot so i took out my relays and motor and put the stock motor back in. this was fine untill i lost reverse about 5 mins later then the turbo started to pulse on and off when i tried to use it
      so i took all the transistors out of the circut board

dusted08
      Participant

i have heard that someone with a 3 6v relay negative contact had added batteries aside from the stock batteries.

do you know anything about this negative contact connection?

and how do we add batteries with a relay setup?

any help would greatly be appriciated :clown:

dusted08
      Participant
      Quote:
      me none yet i hvae the normal 4 for the normal spped and the 2 extras for the turbo i might ad another 2 on the turbo circut i cant seem to charge the batterys i bought in the charger i bought the charger is one of those delta-v comuter chargers but the thing only seems to be charging at peak rate for over 12 hours now and the batters are still flat i might have to take it back

how can we add batteries?
      where do you connect it?:D

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Depends when you want the power.
      It would be easiest to add them in series with the turbo pod/thingy. Otherwise, I dunno how you would do it without having to put higher voltage relays in. If you were using the
      http://www.tinracing.com/Diagrampages/diagram16.htm
      diagram, cut the green wire… Put a battery holder inline with it (check it first but i believe it would be -ive close to the pod, +ive close to the relay, but CHECK first, no good killing batteries). Dunno what the motors’ll take, but I’d say no more than 12v including main batteries (ie, no more than 2-4 additional batteries).
      Personally i don’t think adding batteries is gunna make THAT much difference, mine just has a straight relay mod, and I have replaced the motor with a quicker-feeling Jaycar one and even on reasonably grippy surfaces the tyres slip around.

dusted08
      Participant

so your using this diagram now
      http://www.tinracing.com/Diagrampages/diagram16.htm?

anyway thanks for the help

:smiley2:

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.