advice 4 newcomer

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      froggy
      Participant

hey everyone!
      im new to this bitchar-g thing and i was wondering if i could get some advice about buying a bit from trading direct, is it a good option or should i buy from a store 4 $50, oh and whats the difference between a normal bit and a lxx bit.

thankyou!

micro_Amps
      Participant

As far as buying online or at a store, that is just personal choice. If you are ok with buying over the net then trading direct are certainly a good place to purchase your bit from, although there are a few others too. If you want to hold it in your hands straight away then maybe a store might suit you better…..its up to you.
      The original Bit Char-g is made by Tomy (Japan).
      LXX char-g are a clone of these, but they are apparently the better ones amongst the clones.
      There are many different clones and all are of a lesser quality, but then you dont pay the same prices as the Tomy bitchargs. Just keep in mind when looking to buy your bits….if is doesnt say “Tomy Bit Char-g” then it will probably be a clone of some sort.
      :)uA

micro_Amps
      Participant

P.S. I for got to mention,
      welcome to our friendly forum froggy, prepare to become addicted !!

wcwl
      Participant

hi froggy,

I am a newcomer to this forum too.As i think if you want to buy online,u may buy the BCG g-25 Automodellista set as it comes with 4 car bodies which i booked according to guys opinions from this forum.Furthermore,i think it’s wotrh the price.I bought from http://www.toyeast.com
      enjoy ya.i really can’t wait for the car to be send to me asap…:approve:

I am WiLlIaM ~{@-@}~

kevsta
      Participant

I m also new to the bit char-g scene and just bought my first compact char-g from kmart yesterday for around $41 when they had their 15% off sale.

Although the packaging is from tomy, the car is still made in china. I would of thought that it would have been made in Japan.

Can someone shed some light on this ?

This is a great forum – I would have bought a nanoracer if it wasn’t for this site
      Cheers.:D:D

froggy
      Participant

thanks 4 everything guys!!!

appreciate the help, oh and thanks 4 the friendly welcome, be seeing ya all soon

:D:D:D

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Although the packaging is from tomy, the car is still made in china. I would of thought that it would have been made in Japan.

Can someone shed some light on this ?

Just about all toy stuff are now made in China due to the cheaper labour costs etc etc over there. If it was made in Japan it ll need to be priced a whole lot more!!

Same reason that a lot of menial etc jobs are all getting exported to countries whos wages are less. Australia, Japan, USA are too expensive for labour… heck, 20 yrs ago there were factories in Hong Kong & Macau making cheaper toys but today they’re history too.

Just because its manufactured in China doesn’t mean its low-tech. Your PC and/or its components are probably made in China too, since Taiwan got too expensive. There are heaps of companies manufacturing in China now, everything from clothing to electronics.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Good on you Kevsta and welcome too.
      $41 thats pretty good, which model and frequency did you get.? and what is the range like?
      I think we should all buy another at this price.

Hey ph2t they are only $41 at Kmart !!!!
      :DuA

ph2t
      Participant

Heya micro I get the point! I ll give you my wife’s phone number you can call and convince her. I bought the Nissan Skyline GT-R (Blue-40Mz) from Kmart two Sundays ago, cost me $48 bucks…..

So the last two weeks have cost me $7!! Oh well…

micro_Amps
      Participant

HeHeHe:smiley2:
      Burning the midnight oil too I see.
      🙂

z-beam
      Participant

communist slavery… where would we be without it? i wonder if the quality difference between clones and tomy bits is due to pay difference or ak47 s to the head?:shock::evil::smiley2:

kevsta
      Participant

Hi,

I ended up getting the honda s2000 @ 27Mhz. There wasn t much of a choice on the shelf – only 3 left but the sale is over now.

I’m a bit disappointed with the range of only 2.5 metres. It’s doesn’t have to go very far, and you’ve lost control of it. I recall, that my friends nano racers have a better range of say 5 metres.

I’m getting tempted to buy one of those as well.

cheers

micro_Amps
      Participant

Have a look around at various sites for mods, maybe a longer aerial would get you better range. If you are keen then removing the cripple cap will get even more range, and if your feeling confident a dual cell mod and a 3.0 or 3.8 motor will really get you movin ……
      They aren’t real flash straight out of the box, but once you become familiar with what you can do to them to improve them, you’ll be hooked, trust me.
      :)uA

P.S. My first bit was an S2000 Compact too, but that was a long time and many bits ago.

Edited by – micro_Amps on 27 April 2003 18:39:39

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.