ahh **** bloody solder!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by K.I.T.T. on 18October2002

In the film Enemy of the State, was it a PC Engine Portable that the kid took from the shopping bags thinking it was his christmas present? it had a PCMCIA card stuck in the back I think and looked very much like a black Gameboy.

Could be, not sure. Will keep eye on that next time it reruns on TV.

PC Engine’s games did come on a creditcard. Could use the same games on a console or the handheld. I was quite impressed but didn’t have to do$h.

z-beam
      Participant

chris, why would sony bother making a portable unit with palm when the refurbished ps1 with lcd fitted takes all of their 1000’s of games.

have u seen the new x-men fighting game? or the damn fine WOLVERINE solo game for ps2 yet? check out hyper magazine in oz

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by z-beam on 19October2002

chris, why would sony bother making a portable unit with palm when the refurbished ps1 with lcd fitted takes all of their 1000’s of games.

have u seen the new x-men fighting game? or the damn fine WOLVERINE solo game for ps2 yet? check out hyper magazine in oz

Just telling you what I’ve read! Do a Google search for Sony+Palm+Handheld and see what comes up.

I’m not too sure what this X-Men fighting game is you mention, but if its anything like the past ones – I’m not holding my breath. However, ‘Wolverines Revenge’ or something like that, can’t remember exactly, looks awesome – I’ll definitely be getting that for my PS2, Cube or PC.

Admin
      Participant

When is the PS2 going actually going to go online? I got mine about a year ago and its been out for a few years, it was said it was going to go online. I heard that FF11 is going to be online on the ps2. Also thier was a linux set sold especially in Japan or something which contained…

Keyboard,Linux discs,modem and a service provider for like ?150 I think

Wasn’t very popular as not too many kids buying the console knew what linux was, thus didn’t make the effort to scrap the money to get it.

Looks like GC will go online before the PS2 with Phantasy star online (out 29 oct US) already online in japan I think.

LOL, we kinda went off topic from soldering can be hard to games/portables FAQ. I think they should make a games catagory =)

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Caine on 20October2002

Also thier was a linux set sold especially in Japan or something which contained…

Keyboard,Linux discs,modem and a service provider for like ?150 I think

PS2 Linux kit should be available internationally, *but* only from Sony direct. It isn’t stocked by any stores here, not even Sony Centres. Pricewise its about same price as a whole PS2 console kit; no you don’t need it to go online, only to program the thing.

Kit contains:

• keyboard & mouse
      • IDE HDD
      • Full Linux on disc
      • video output cable for VGA & Sound
      • [/list]

Was tempted to get one to wordprocess on… :smiley9:

spacegost
      Participant

hey guys, have any of you ever used one of those “flash 2 advance” kits for GBA? anyone who has used one will know what i am talking about. i just wanted to know what someone who has used it thought about it, opinion-wise. thanks.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.