all melbourne 1:18s

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion all melbourne 1:18s

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      merc-blue
      Participant

ok guys how many of you are interested in racing 1:18.. there are a few M18s around and a few very loaded MRS4s.. soo if a racing division were to open up who would ocme down for a drive it would probl be a 5min race unlimited mod allowed so should be reasonably quick race.. any one who wants to race and needs help with setup. PM me cause i really want to get this going

• This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      betty.k
      Participant

can we sneak some 1:28’s in that class?:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

nup maybe.. but u will be lapped several times. can u get 5 mins runtime outta a xmod.. aidens 80kph+ mamba/lipo M18 will be racing

leonli17
      Participant

COunt me out, no mod limit is just not fair. no point racing unl,ess most people has same specs.

merc-blue
      Participant

leon if we limit to 300 size motor 6 cells u in?

PandaBear
      Participant

At TFTR (Templestowe) you do get occasional guys turning up with 1/18ths.

No rules for those, so most get placed in Mini class. If its a modded 1/18ths you’ve got a good chance to outrun the Minis – just don’t let them catch up and RUN OVER YOU. :blush:

Biggest handicap with 1/18 is need to carry the race transponder. Its a pretty big chunk of deadweight and will affect your handling.

betty.k
      Participant

that’s true. i remember a day when we mounted a camera and a 9v battery to leon’s mrs4 and the added weight up top made it useless in a turn, it never stayed upright. the transponders are a little lighter than that, but not much.
      there’s no way i could happily mount one on a 1:28:sad::8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

well I ve got my m18 now and I’m keen as a mofo to get stuff happening….

so panda can I just rock up to tftr on the appropriate sunday and start laying down the rubber?

ph2t.

peteWah
      Participant

That m18 is the shit, Ive seen them haul but against 1:10 s in a race at Castle Hill RCC, Dont know if it won the class… (not sure of the class it was in)
      It had a chance….
      Would not mind 1 myself……..:p

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.