alloy xmod knuckles

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

if you have an xmod you need to beg, borrow or steal for a set of these!:p with the eyelets in the chassis these are smooth as silk and indestructable. so much so that i broke a chassis at the knuckle hole! so i filed about 1mm off the bottom and countersunk the screws on the bottom. still enough suspension travel and no problems since.

i also got some alloy rear cups but they re pretty boring to look at. but i can t see myself worrying about broken cups again:8ball:

MiniKing
      Participant

very nice….:D:D

dgs73
      Participant

nice… seen the r/c butler’s alloy parts for Xmod? Got the front bulkhead, looks pretty trick , just gotta get my hands on a matching rear one. You’re running your wheels backwards on all four corners, yes? Wider stance helping with stability at top speeds? Doing some research before i send my one to have surgery…

betty.k
      Participant

if their alloy stuff is priced like their cf stuff then i’ll give it a miss! i’m sure it will be excellent quality though.

yes, all 4 wheels are flipped and yes, brilliantly stable! the wheelbase is now 73mm wide (i forget what i was stock, about 5mm less). it’s the same sorta thing as going from narrow z rims to wide offset. you may need to shave some plastic from the outside so it won’t rub on the knuckles/swingarm and you will need to add a washer or 2.:8ball:

dgs73
      Participant

sweet.. will give this a whirl when I get home… the dremel gets a dust off!!! Does the turning circle decrease/increase with this setup?

betty.k
      Participant

i’m not sure but i’m having no issues with my modified steering:8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Just to be a smartass, wheelbase is the distance between the axles front to back.

Track is the distance from whel centre to wheel centre left to right.

dgs73
      Participant

we sit corrected…:smiley2::clown: Like the way the rims sit right out… might have to bog up my sleeper shell and give it fat-as wheel arches…

ph2t
      Participant

you gonna tell ’em about those matching alloy rims you got now?

lol..

ph2t.

betty.k
      Participant

😀

just waiting on the real camera:smiley2::8ball:

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.