Alu sucks on a mini z

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      VR-4
      Participant

yes i have every powerline racing au. hop up on car but i just got done racing and i ran 2 laps with my car with all the alu. and 2 laps with just a powerline alu. motor mount and without all the alu. my time was way faster enought to make me switch back but i like the bling bling anodized look so thats what got me thinking and i spray painted my parts silver then i went and used transparent blue paint and it looks like real alu anodized then i went and sparyed a clear coat over it.

also i turned my diff into a posi traction system by filling the diff with 5 min epoxy and i found out much to my suprise that it handdled better on the road traks for high bite tracks like house floors new blacktop and carpet.

i know you must think im crazy but look at the stock weight then pimp your ride out with alu then weight it. after i switched back i was smokein the outher cars off the line and comein out of the turns harder and faster

so i leave you with these words. when you race in classes whare everyone has the same motor and noone can have turbos is all that alu. worth loseing? the top 4 people only had alu. motor mounts front body mount and shocks. but there whole car looked alu and thats when they told me the tip on how to anodize plastic 😉

oh yeah i usta use the alu. knuckles and slider but after i put them on my car never went str8 has this happned to anyone on here on the outher fourms 12 people had the same problem.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I think im guna leave my car plastic…and carbon fibre.

VR-4
      Participant

thats what im doin. if you want ta make it look like its alu and anodized just paint it silver then use a transparent paint then just clear coat it and it looks like alu.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

cant be bothered.

VR-4
      Participant

all you need thats alu. are the motor pod shocks the rest can be plstic or carbonfiber or composit.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I was thinking of getting a pn racing motor mount, but i would rather spend my cash elsewhere.

VR-4
      Participant

i just got another z this is 1/2 done in blue so i cant use any parts i got cuz there all purple so i gotta get some pn racing stuff i would say get there new mount its cool and worth the money.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

How much is it?? Its the 4 gram one right?

VR-4
      Participant

yeah i payed $20 usd for mine

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.