aluminum rims w/ 3.0 & 3.8 motors

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I just saw the new aluminum rims available for the bitchargs,has anyonetested them yet? Does the added weight help with steering at higher speeds with say a 3.0 or 3.8 motor?

In all my combinations of parts, I have found the 2.6 w/the 12:1 lt blue gear ratio& hard tires on the front axles to be the best combo of speed vs. steering.Because of the weight of the bitchargs, a3.0 or 3.8 motor throws steering out the window. Will the aluminum rims help? or hinder?

Can any of you UK guys answer this one?

deejay40

Admin
      Participant

where did you see the aluminum rims? i saw a german site had them, but not made yet.

Admin
      Participant
      Admin
      Participant

is it me, or does the 16 spoke rim (3rd from the left) have a smaller hole? Where did you find these deejay, and are they for sale??

Admin
      Participant

Hey, no kidding. does look smaller. currently avail in Germany only… i think.

toyota_bb_SE_s.jpg

Admin
      Participant

http://www.bitchar-g.de/

Okay I found it everyone. Click the link above to order. Shipping only available to the UK and Germany. Lucky devils. im in the US soI cant have them! Oh and there is a fifth wheelset available. look below.

Deejay40

Somebody pls answer my original question once you test them! I want to know if the added weight improves steering w/a 3.0 or 3.8 motor. thanks. much appreciated.

rad-wt64.jpg

dave san
      Participant

If someone in the UK or Germany can get me a couple of sets of aluminum wheels and ship them to me in the US I could paypal them the $$$. Anyone?

dave@geekforhire.net

Admin
      Participant

Just to echo Dave’s question….

If there’s someone in the UK or Germany who would be happy to order/ship internationally please let me know.

To save on shipping costs and, more importantly, TIME for the person doing the shipping, I’d be happy to organise a co-operative purchase for interested people in Australia. We can just bring in one bag of wheels by airmail or courier and split ’em up into std 45c envelopes for postage around Oz

Just drop me an email if you want some of the wheels or, more critically, can help get a bag of them to Australia in the first instance.

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.