Announcing a whole NEW Turbo – "The Bug"

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Technical Announcing a whole NEW Turbo – "The Bug"

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

ausmicro.com is very happy to launch a new model for sale alongside the popular “Spider” range.

The Bug v1.0
      The Bug represents the start or a new “Ultimate Performance” range of external MOSFET Turbos from ausmicro.com. With the design focus shifted from size to total performance we have created a new PCB that will become the foundation for the most amazing Turbos developed for 1/28th scale racing.

The Bug v1.0 takes our proven Spider technology and doubles the dose of International Rectifier MOSFETs to slice the parasitic resistance without hampering throttle control. We’ve incorporated all the latest Spider technology to ensure we’re building from the best possible base.

The Bug v1.0 ultimately is best suited to the Xmods EVO Range and is safe for use with LiPo and NiMh battery backs up to 12volts. However it can also be used with the same chassis as our Spider range.

Features of The Bug include:

• Compact PCB 23mm x 16mm
      • Double-Sided Soldermasked 0.8mm fiberglass PCB
      • PN Racing Silicone power and motor wires with eye terminals
      • High Quality data cable for control wiring
      • NEW Wiring layout and colours for control lines
      • Designed for ultimate performance on XMods EVO with LiPo batteries

This is the SMALLEST “Stacked” External Turbo available.

Available NOW

Priced at AUD50.00 through the ausmicro.com Online Store or USD50.00 through our ebay SellerID ausmicrocom

As with our Spider range we welcome wholesale/reseller enquiries. Please contact sales@ausmicro.com for information on Pricing, MOQ and wannarty support.

Pictures to be made available once Production units are ready. In the mean time here’s a Bug board design against a Spider v3.0

--
      Site Owner Guy.

henal
      Participant

whats this compaired to v4

Keymaster

For a start it’s physically bigger, and in v1.0 it’s basically a double-stack version of the v3.0/v4.0.

Performance is incrementally better – especially on XMods EVO becuase of the high driver voltages.

The main reason I’ve created this design is to satisfy a strong demand from Xmods EVO Owners PLUS, being a larger board there’s room on the underside to add MOSFET drivers and voltage regulators etc ala the high end Woah Nelly that is no longer available.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

To expand the above comments a little more, there will be develoment in 2008 of a complete MOSFET and vReg equipped version of the Bug. Basically a 10 chip package built onto a board barely the size of our first generation of 4-chip Spiders.

In the mean time “The Bug” is basically our competition to the “WoahNelly Stacked EVO turbo” that was sold through http://www.undergroundxmods.com

“The Bug” will be available from all resellers (Such as Xmods international and MaineIAC) who choose to carry/sell it as well as our Online-Store and eBay presence.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

brycevr
      Participant

When can I expect this to be available?

Traveler
      Participant

Yo Aaron! You’re killing me man. The black widow and bug sound great, so when can I get some???:huh:

Keymaster

7-14 days and we’ll have all the gear in stock to commence the first production run.

I’ll be making Pre-orders available shortly.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

The boards are here and production will start within 24hours. Check the store tomorrow to order!

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

would the tiny one fit on a q-steer or would it blow it up A?

Keymaster

The tiny one is a Spider 4.0, I would think it’d survive most things within reason 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

i meant the q-steer, would survive becoming turbo charged?

Keymaster

There’s one way to find out 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

hehe

thats true 🙂

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.