Another Char-G Scam!!!!

Home Forums General Chat Another Char-G Scam!!!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

yesterday i went to southland shopping centre to see if they had ney char-gs out but then i see one that looks exactly the same but its called “Twister” it had the same stuff and everything but it was a Bit CharG controller that just said “TWISTER” . They sell it in TOYWORLD for 40$.

I also found another scam at school it was an even smaller charg and it was a MacLaren . it had a blue egg shaped fat control with a metal ant. and plastic arrows and a red LED on it. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS!!!

Admin
      Participant

theres a southland shoping center by my house and they dont have sh*t.

Admin
      Participant

harris scarfe in epping have them

aus delivered char-g

blue and yellow r34 gtr’s

silver and whatever the other colour is s2000

Admin
      Participant

im talking about southland in aus in cheltenham

did u find out wat da other 1 was?

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Compact Dra-G on 05November2002

I also found another scam at school it was an even smaller charg and it was a MacLaren . it had a blue egg shaped fat control with a metal ant. and plastic arrows and a red LED on it. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS!!!

I believe you may be reffering to the ODM Mouse or Z-Car:

Z-Car is the American name for them and they are sold at ZooMagoo for $19.95USD. They used to sell them at ToyEast called ‘ODM Mouse’ – they had different packaging also.

Admin
      Participant

By the way, are you calling them scams because they are overpriced or because they are clones? There are already a lot of clones – I wouldn’t call them scams though. Tehy are generally cheaper. If they were puting OEM cars in Bit Char-G boxes and fobbing people off saying they are the real deal, then that’s not on and definitely a scam!

Just curious.

Admin
      Participant

nope dats not it its some differnt 1 . its less detailed with just 4 arrows and a light in the middle.

Impreza
      Participant

The Z-cars are here in Canada too. Zellers carrys them for $29 or $39 CND, I can’t remember? They look smaller then the bit? As for mis-labeling, I know first hand that Hongli comes really close with their package and labeling (Char-G) to the bits, but that is about as close as I have seen. When I first saw the MicroSizers, I had to look twice at the labeling. I guess if you check the forms and see licensed by Tomy on the box you should be safe. Anyone see the Hotwheels track racers (didn’t see the name)? They could be a cheap source for parts 🙂

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Impreza on 06November2002

Anyone see the Hotwheels track racers (didn’t see the name)? They could be a cheap source for parts 🙂

Yeah, these are known as Tomy Bit Racers in Japan. Licenced by Mattel to be sold elsewhere under the Hot Wheels name.

We’re already scumming off all their Bit Racer options… like the Lucifer 3.0!!

Source = yes, cheap = not really.

Admin
      Participant

Originally posted by Impreza on 06November2002

Anyone see the Hotwheels track racers (didn’t see the name)? They could be a cheap source for parts 🙂

there actually callled hotwheels K.I.T. there good for some spare parts. it comes with 2.6, extra batt., suuper heatsink,gears, stock,gripppy tires. its a good way 2 upgrade your bit.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Compact Dra-G on 06November2002

its a good way 2 upgrade your bit.

Only if you live in australia and dont get any other parts

Admin
      Participant

they reckon the Z cars or whatever ther are are alot faster in stock form

and also come with a neon light below the car which lights up when you put the power on (wich is pretty kool)

does any one else know any pro’s or con’s abt them??

Admin
      Participant

Dude… the Z cars are extremely cool. Although like all the other cars out there your bound to find a bad one in the bunch, but thesecars rip all over my garage track that I built. I just bought 12 z cars from this site….cheapest I’ve found on the Net. You have to buy the pack of 4 to get this sweet deal. They ship pretty fast too. I called and the sales guy said if I buy 50 cars they will give me a way better deal…so I am trying to find some friends to pitch in and buy them all at once. Shoot I might just sale them to my friends and make my money back.

http://www.zoomagoo.com/products/pkgdetail.asp?pi=110

plus they have upgrade kits with all kinds of stuff liketires,2.6 volt/3.0 volt engines, extra rechargeable batteries for the car and I noticed there is decals also…. http://www.zoomagoo.com/products/cooltoys/

>Peace

Admin
      Participant

Originally posted by Drift_Tiger on 08November2002

and also come with a neon light below the car which lights up when you put the power on (wich is pretty kool)

do u think they sell them in australia?? cuz i want the neon lights on my char-g to make it a complete fast andthe furious car. do they sell them seper8?

Admin
      Participant

mini what do you live i live in michigan and i’ll buy about 5

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.