another MR-02 suspension setup…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      dgs73
      Participant

this seems to have popped up after the disk damper for MR-02… any of you guys seen/used this item yet? What ya’ll think? See any pros/cons with the setup?

dgs73
      Participant

and does this seem to you guys to be a ball diff or stock? Have a look at both sides before you answer, you’ll see why I asked!! I think it’s a stocker, but the left of the diff from rear) suggests different.question.gif

Keymaster

Holy snapping duck poo does that seem over complicated!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

it’s like a HYBRID(tm – lol) of the original 02 rollshock and the disk damper… maybe it was decided that springs work better than disks seperated by grease. But yes, very complicated. Lack of instructions would see my already short temper disolved. Would like to give one a test however…

peteWah
      Participant

It looks smart, not sure about that Diff…:smiley2:

4456BFF14456BFF2.jpg

Its not Bacon…:smiley2:

betty.k
      Participant

i’d say that’s a stock diff with an alloy colar added. interesting setup, i’d like to see it from another angle before i understand it better8ball.gif

z-beam
      Participant

i second betty’s opinion, its a stock diff with an alloy wheel attachment.

whered you find this dgs? it looks complicated but high tech! i wouldnt mind testing it out myself…

has anyone seen that type of antenna before? see the coppertone spring in the top right corner…

dgs73
      Participant

yeah, that”s what I thought. Looks like the diff shaft has been polished up or something too. Source of pic is a secret as it was lifted from another site. Is it just me, or does it look likethesprings can be preloaded to a degree too?

Edited by – dgs73 on 06 May 2005 08:59:09

Keymaster

I almost thought ‘Hybrid of MRS4 and MR02’ but the track is too narrow. I think it’s stock diff and the car itself is just a mule car for testign parts.

The preload is definately adjustable – although I just can’t see that weight and complexity being an advantage.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

The antenna is a design for a 02 z-beam…a mate of mine has 1 on his 01 iWaver…:smiley2:

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.