Another Pimpin Contest

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      DarkTari
      Participant

Da BitPimps are crankin out the contests to wind down the summer. This time all you MicroHeads get to mod your favorite CLONES !!!
      Cruise on over to Da Hood for more details !!!!

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpForum/viewtopic.php?t=1450

M_Coupe
      Participant

The rules on this one look rediculus.

Half of the entries now don’t fit the rules

One of the S2000s has a wing from a Bit Char-G Subaru, and there’s a Tahoe looking thing with the front suspension from Tomy.

All of my stuff is from Tomy or Hobbico (US Tomy)

jazza_1984
      Participant

so you cant have ANYHING thats official TOMY on the car it all has to be custom/unofficial parts?

M_Coupe
      Participant

That’s what the rules are saying. I was all for the S2000/Skyline/Gloria thing even though I didn’t have anything I could enter, but this just seems pointless.

M_Coupe
      Participant

Rules:
      – Only clone micro r/c cars allowed, no zip zaps allowed
      – No Tomy or MicroSizer parts, bodies, chassis, etc. allowed
      – 2 entries per user (you are allowed to enter 2 cars in the contest – that is all)
      – Must have at least 4 images to prove it is a clone and it is yours, those images must be
      1 shot of the top of the chassis
      1 shot of the bottom of the chassis
      1 shot of the underside of the shell (body)
      and at least 1 shot with your username and “bitPimps” on a piece in the same image as your entry
      (Click here for some examples)
      – You can post as many photos of your entry as you feel necessary.
      – Only registered users may enter. (bitPimps admins and moderators not eligable)

DarkTari
      Participant
      Quote:
      The rules on this one look rediculus.

Half of the entries now don’t fit the rules

One of the S2000s has a wing from a Bit Char-G Subaru, and there’s a Tahoe looking thing with the front suspension from Tomy.

All of my stuff is from Tomy or Hobbico (US Tomy)

M Coupe,

The rules don’t appear to be ridiculous to me, it’s plain and simple, enter a Clone Period! What’s so ridiculous about that?

There are 2 S2K’s entered that I can see and neither one of them have a Subaru wing. Both wings are custom made and the bodies are clones. And even if it did, there are clone Subaru’s out there Coupe, how can you tell it’s a Tomy wing???

The Tahoe has a stretched Thunder Charger chassis. How can you tell if it’s a Tomy front end which it is not?

You have to realize that just about every Tomy model has an almost exact clone, not all, but most! If I took a wing from a Tomy and one from a clone, primered it and posted a pic, I would defy you to tell me the difference!

Any entries that are found to have any identifyable Tomy, MS or ZZ parts will be eliminated period. You can’t stop them from entering.

You can be proud that you own only original Tomy/MS cars and I’ve seen others that are proud of that fact and express it. Everyone can’t say that and are not as concerned with that fact like yourself. They want fun in whatever form of 1/64 they can get. This particular contest is just not for you this time but that doesn’t mean that there won’t be others that you will qualify for.

payaso
      Participant

Who wants to race the payaso for some $$$ in FL?

(seriously)

silla

DarkTari
      Participant
      Quote:
      so you cant have ANYHING thats official TOMY on the car it all has to be custom/unofficial parts?

We have 3 different contests goin on right now, Cruise on over take your pick!
      http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpForum/viewtopic.php?t=1629

Edited by – DarkTari on 20 August 2003 05:41:19

CaboWabo
      Participant

some contests we create are harder, some are easier…
      it’s not ridiculous, it’s raising the bar, making you actually use your creative thoughts to come up with something that most people can’t do, instead of the same ole, same ole…

those who can’t do it, yea they might think it’s “ridiculous”, but only because they haven’t the skills to pull it off, so they’re doomed from the get go.

but that’s also another reason why we have 4 contests going on at once. some modders are more serious than others so they get to pick the contests that are more tailored to their skills.

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, I dont think it is ridiculous, there is a contest open to all entries on at the moment.

M_Coupe
      Participant
      Quote:
      There are 2 S2K’s entered that I can see and neither one of them have a Subaru wing. Both wings are custom made and the bodies are clones. And even if it did, there are clone Subaru’s out there Coupe, how can you tell it’s a Tomy wing???

The Tahoe has a stretched Thunder Charger chassis. How can you tell if it’s a Tomy front end which it is not?

You have to realize that just about every Tomy model has an almost exact clone, not all, but most! If I took a wing from a Tomy and one from a clone, primered it and posted a pic, I would defy you to tell me the difference!

Any entries that are found to have any identifyable Tomy, MS or ZZ parts will be eliminated period. You can’t stop them from entering.

My problem with the contest isn’t in the idea that it’s clones only. I had no problem with the Gloria/Skyline/S2000 contest even though I had nothing to enter. That’s not a big deal to me. I realize I can’t enter them all and may NEVER win ANY.

The thing that bothers me with the contest is Exactly what you stated. How can you tell?

And the front end on the Tahoe that I was talking about is the Red suspension bar which is part of the Tomy Drifter package where you get the three suspensions to choose from and the rear drifter wheels. That one has the Tomy Stiff Supsension upgrade. I know, because I use it.

Also on the S2000 the wing is part of a Subaru, clone or not, and blended into the S2000, I think it looks great, and I can see that a lot of work went into it, but the wing came from the Impreza either way.

I’m not trying to be rude or disrespectful, I just don’t see how you can tell the differance from a nice clone and an origional Tomy product.

M_Coupe
      Participant

You’ve established my entire point in telling me that I can’t tell. If I can’t tell, what makes you think you can?

I don’t want you guys to think I’m against having specific contests. I think it’s great. I’m all for pushing this hobby as far as we can. I’ve already seen some extremely impressive work. Darktari’s Impreza clone came out SHARP, and if that silver S2000’s wing is 100% fabricated, I’m very impressed. I just don’t see how this contest is enforceable. That’s why I think it’s rediculous.

Does that make any sense?

Edited by – M_Coupe on 27 August 2003 08:07:13

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.