any futaba 3pk owners out there?

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion any futaba 3pk owners out there?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

just got one of these tx’s, awesome chunk of technology!

in order to use the fancy hrs rx i need to buy digital servos and i also need the dsc (direct servo cable) to be able to program my esc.

futm4245.jpg

i don’t need to buy one, i can make one myself but i need to know one thing.
      how is the mono plug wired? my assumption is the red wire is the tip but i don’t wanna make a costly mistake.

anyone got one they wanna check for me?

merc-blue
      Participant

Betty, no need for digital servos for a PCM or HRS or PPM type RX analouge will work fine,
      ase for your DSC
      is it a 3.5mm mono like a JR if so simple
      3.5mm mono to 3.5mm mono cable. Tip to Tip, Sleeve to Sleeve

betty.k
      Participant

i definately gotta use digital servos with the fm 27mhz hrs module/rx. there’s lotsa great big warnings in the manual about how regular analogue servos will catch fire, etc! i’m not willing to chance it.

no matter, i got digi servos coming and with the am 27mhz module i’m able to run what i own.

in the manual it says i may be able to program my esc through the rx but maybe not due to a clash in frequency between the hrs rx and regular esc.
      if that happens there is a special feature of the tx where i can program the esc directly from the tx using the dsc.

so, as i wuz asking before, do you think the tip on that 3.5mm phono plug is the red wire?:8ball:

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Hi betty.k,

Try to find out the answer form 1/10 RC forums, it may be work…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.