any good anime?

Home Forums General Chat any good anime?

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      L337_krew
      Participant

any1 know any good anime to watch? i wanna watch some anime but dunno which to get…hehehe anime movies or series are both alrite… i juz got da orphen dvd box set >=D hehehe..

z-beam
      Participant

i’ve seen a bit of orphen on cartoon network as well as trigun (they were on tonight!) and i wasn’t too impressed by either.

the funniest manga i’ve seen latly has been chobits. a freing got it for free off the net and it is extremely halarious. it is about a guy who finds an advanced “persocon” (humanoid computer) with a missing memmory in the garbage and takes it home. it was subtitled but that added to the jokes.

another good anime i have seen recently was metropolis. it is a japanese remake of the classic silent sci-fi and is done very well.

L337_krew
      Participant

o ok thanx Z beam …yea i heard bout chobits..it didnt look funny…but now dat u said its funny…hehe might consider dat next… is it out in australia?

z-beam
      Participant

search for it on the net, the people who made it have released it on the web.

its appaling paying $30 for a video or dvd for a couple of episodes when the series is (i think) 12 eps. long.

like ninja scroll, sbs and world movies (austar) play it once a year. tape it man!

another funny one i saw years ago was the giggilo. did you ever see that? soooo funny!!!

Keymaster

So of the series stretch well past 64 eps… it’s criminal paying full prices for some of those!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

leonli17
      Participant

‘prince of tennis’ is definitely a good one. If u haven’t seen Initial D, get that.

L337_krew
      Participant

is dere any serious ones where u have to thing like evangelion? …i reckon orphen is alrite except for da ending…they made it too short n a lil stupid its serious mixed with humour haha its alrite

L337_krew
      Participant

is dere any serious ones where u have to thing like evangelion? …i reckon orphen is alrite except for da ending…they made it too short n a lil stupid its serious mixed with humour haha its alrite

Admin
      Participant

heres a few that i enjoy, samuraiX both the prelude and normal series, naruto, ippo and initial d. i also heard that hunter x hunter is also pretty good, um but thats all i can think of right now.

Admin
      Participant

heres a few that i enjoy, samuraiX both the prelude and normal series, naruto, ippo and initial d. i also heard that hunter x hunter is also pretty good, um but thats all i can think of right now.

Admin
      Participant

Naruto is extremely good feels a bit like DBZ to me except better. I also like full metal alchemist which is getting very interesting. Also trigun, hellsing, initial d, kenshin and some others.

Admin
      Participant

Naruto is extremely good feels a bit like DBZ to me except better. I also like full metal alchemist which is getting very interesting. Also trigun, hellsing, initial d, kenshin and some others.

z-beam
      Participant

welcome matt05!

the anime im lookiking forward to is transformers: energon. armada was a bit crappy untill 3/4 the way throught he episodes.

you can pick up the original transformers movie at toys’r’us. it was awesome to see it again…. all that 80’s rock music:smiley16:

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

anime, now we are getting somewhere!!!

Hellsing rocked but is short!

Naruto was great too, try Shaman King, a really long series though! Very funny, the subtitles call people Bastards and everything!! *cracks up remembering*

I have been trying to get into Gundam Wing lately, very disjointed!

WitchHunter Robin isn’t bad for something completely different.

Oh! My Goddess is pretty funny too, lots of anime girls, LOL.

There is a two part movie of the Fantastic Four, the old cartoon series which was a blast!

There is also a anime series about a pair of female assasins called Noir, most excellent animation, and attention to detail with weaponry etc. I think it goes to 26 episodes.

Another classic you must watch is Cowboy Bebop! Is like a Detective series in space, really funny, and some serious sword fighting too! I was so impressed I got the series and the soundtrack!

Then go onto BubbleGum Crisis and BubbleGum Crisis2040.

Also check out Spiral.

Oh and Akira…

I had better stop now, but as a famous Music reviewer once said…

“do yourself a favour”

z-beam
      Participant

an oldie but a good one is battle angel alita, if you can find it. has some one mentioned vampire hunter D yet? that rocked!!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.