Any good motor with easy to replace brushes?

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Technical Any good motor with easy to replace brushes?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      snailpace
      Participant

Not sure if anyone out there has experienced a short running life with the iWaver X-Speed? I ve come across two so far that have shorted out one occasion frying my FETs and almost setting my pcb on fire!

Opened up the motor, not surprised that the brushes had worn down to nothing at all! This is where you get what you pay for, got them for USD $0.99 from TE which sounds attractive for the performance you get but it s only short term.

Does anyone use a motor that has good quality brushes that are easy to change? The Kyosho x-speed is good quality but a pain to pry open as you need to bend the metal body tabs to get the thing apart. If you wee able to pry it open the metal tabs will eventually weaken and break off. Is there a motor out there that s screwed or bolted together?

I ve seen those Atomic ones but think they still have those metal tabs you need to pry open.

Aaron, if those new PN motors have easy to replace quality brushes and can open easily think i ll give them a try.

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      Not sure if anyone out there has experienced a short running life with the iWaver X-Speed? I’ve come across two so far that have shorted out one occasion frying my FETs and almost setting my pcb on fire!

Opened up the motor, not surprised that the brushes had worn down to nothing at all! This is where you get what you pay for, got them for USD $0.99 from TE which sounds attractive for the performance you get but it’s only short term.

Does anyone use a motor that has good quality brushes that are easy to change? The Kyosho x-speed is good quality but a pain to pry open as you need to bend the metal body tabs to get the thing apart. If you wee able to pry it open the metal tabs will eventually weaken and break off. Is there a motor out there that’s screwed or bolted together?

I’ve seen those Atomic ones but think they still have those metal tabs you need to pry open.

Aaron, if those new PN motors have easy to replace quality brushes and can open easily think i’ll give them a try.

Dude, the atomic ones don’t need to opened to replace brushes.

🙂

snailpace
      Participant

Thanks kevsta!

Keymaster

I do know the brushes are quality – but I can’t give you an exact answer about the motor cases. I’ll do some checking.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

merc-blue
      Participant

snail pace u want speed u get worn brushes trinity d6 probly fastest motor around tears brushes apart but is probly the fastest 1:10 motor around.. my 9×1 will kill a BL

betty.k
      Participant

the plasma dash (or similar open endbell design eg; atomic) has brushes that can be changed without opening the can.

but i tells ya, my pn racing s03 has been running hard for a good 6 months now, brushes still gots plenty o’ meat!!:p:8ball:

peteWah
      Participant

Thats good to hear:smiley2:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Depends on a few things, getting the commutator trued will help lots (some LHS’s do it can help…but only if it’s a Plasma Dash/Atomic style armature…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.