anyone else get caught up in the floods? (melb)

Home Forums General Chat anyone else get caught up in the floods? (melb)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

man, the heavens erupted down here on saturday!

i work in swan st richmond, on saturday for about half an hour it was swan creek!
      at first it started raining heavier than i’ve seen it. then it got heavier. then it hailed! then the drains filled and the footpath disapeared under a torrent!:topstuff:
      water lapped into the shop but we were fortunate enough to have a slightly raised floor, other shops weren’t so fortunate.
      coles was awash with about 50mm of water in it, dimmeys had to shut as water was pouring down the inside of the display windows!:eek:

(hopefully) there’s a short phonevid attached to this post (.3gp format, can view in quicktime)
      the tables and chairs are on the footpath, you get the idea!:8ball:

EDIT: invalid file, it’s here instead:
      http://home.iprimus.com.au/trentheffer/Phonevid(7).3gp

TallduDe
      Participant

well i can say that in albury-Wodonga it rain hard but then the next day it was 30 degrees!

btw ive moved to wodonga for uni reason’s im only like 3hrs from melbourne one day ill get my lazy arse to see how you guys do micro stuff first hand!

Keymaster

Saturday – Was in Coonabarabran in the morning and Dubbo in the arvo… warm/hot and a little light rain in the evening.

Glad to hear you didn’t have to dig out the floaties!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

PandaBear
      Participant

Funnily enough… we shot off to Ballarat on Saturday from early morning coming back late afternoon.

Bit of a duststorm at the Ballarat Airport … followed by a slight sprinkle of rain, which just cemented all the bulldust onto the duco.

Had to stop off at Melton to do a car wash, was wondering why Melbourne looked so wet…

betty.k
      Participant

one thing i noticed in the aftermath is how clean everything is now!:D
      roads and paths that are normally leaf and dirt strewn are now nice pristine tarmac and concrete again.

i hope templestowe copped a blast:topstuff: :8ball:

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.