Anyone else got a SuperVee 27

Home Forums Floating & Flying – Discussion Anyone else got a SuperVee 27

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      dgs73
      Participant

Keen to meet up with some people in Sydney who have this same boat… Who’s done what to it, do they race, etc. If you’re reading this and you dont own one; no excuse. Go to a hobby shop and get one. Zero disappointment. OMG in a box… Dave

murph
      Participant

@dgs73 226535 wrote:

Keen to meet up with some people in Sydney who have this same boat… Who’s done what to it, do they race, etc. If you’re reading this and you dont own one; no excuse. Go to a hobby shop and get one. Zero disappointment. OMG in a box… Dave

Hi Dave

While I don’t race one of these they are a very good boat and a few guys in the club have them, very competive.

Heres a link to the club website http://www.modelboatclubofnsw.com it’s also worth checking out http://www.intlwaters.com for more information on tuning these things.

Cheers

dgs73
      Participant

Cheers for that info mate, very useful. Getting into the race scene very soon, just need a few tips as none of my mates race boats.

dgs73
      Participant

gonna upload some vids soon people… just wait…

TallduDe
      Participant

you done any more mods to it man?

dgs73
      Participant

nothing special mate… just 14 cells (Intellect 4200s – 2×7 cell) and the 3 titanium-beryllium props… baby steps for me mate. This thing is stupid fast on 14, i still run it with my heart in my mouth with these cells… the 2×6 cell packs are good though, not as fast but control is a worthy trade off for me. New prop is on the boat, but only metal replacement for the stock plastic one, the other two metals are twin blade (stock is 3), with more pitch(?) than stock too… the bigger being larger diametre and more pitch again… that will be installed MUCH later. When you’re back in Sydney we’ll take it for a rap if you’re interested T.D.

dgs73
      Participant

and thinking about it, there’s nothing i need to do… it’s already brushless, alll the running gear comes upgraded out of the box. My only question; can it run li-po? nothing in the instructions mention this, and i cant find any info online. Have seen a couple of vids, but they dont show unde the lid… being i can run 14 cell no sweat (14.4 volts), with potential to run 20 cells (apparently… this is not going to be tried by me however…), there should be no issues with 2×2 lipo (or even 2×3). My issue is safety cutoff – does’nt have one. Is there a waterproof one out there i can utilize people? Pro Boat make one as an option for their Blackjack 26 brushless, but it wont be an option for me due to differing motor size

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.