anyone heard of the mini-z i chassis?

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

saw one today and didnt quite understand it, nor did the sales guy.

they had one for sale, and by the looks of the pakaging it has parts to make it either an 02 or a 015 mini z.

still confused however…

dgs73
      Participant

is this kit mate, or rtr? All the 015 cars available in Sydney are called 015i at the mo, not sure what the go is either. Might have to pick one up and find out, they’re only $120… will fill you in when i learn more…

z-beam
      Participant

yeah rtr i thought and very cheap retail considering how silly the $ on kyosho mini-z usually is.

Renton
      Participant

where abouts in Sydney are these available?

Is anyone in sydney catering for mini r/c’s?

betty.k
      Participant

mini z i chassis has a usb link and software so you can customise the throttle curve, steering epa, etc much like a fancy computer tx does. :8ball:

rcs2die4
      Participant

http://cgi.ebay.com/KYOSHO-MINI-Z-MCLAREN-F1-LM-MR-02-MMi-READYSET-ORANGE_W0QQitemZ270191543081QQihZ017QQcategoryZ19168QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Theres a link to one for sale on ebay in the states !!

Only thing it says is, comes with an X-Speed motor and also an ECO motor !!

Thats about it ….

z-beam
      Participant

@betty.k 226604 wrote:

mini z i chassis has a usb link and software so you can customise the throttle curve, steering epa, etc much like a fancy computer tx does. :8ball:

damn that sounds interesting… if i was racing z’s regularly that’d be a definate purchase.

dgs73
      Participant

all Sydney hobby shops have them in stock, the price just keeps going down because they’re all copeting with each other for price. Why oh why could’nt this have happened a few years ago?? Not sure if the local ones come with an Xspeed, will find out off big Dave…

brycevr
      Participant

Definitely have to have one of them. Especially an Orange Mclaren LM, the ultimate street car.
      Why does all this good stuff appear around Xmas when I’m busier than a one legged bloke in an arse kicking competition!! money seems to just seep out of my wallet from Dec to Jan (must be the heat).
      They look interesting and I was going to buy an MR02 this month so I suppose my decision has been made for me.
      BTW If anyone has a stock MR02 they want to sell, I’d like an older one as well for testing. (no body, radio, wheels.) No mods though.
      Of course we have the new LM’s with 2.Ghz radio self seeking etc due out soon I wonder what other marvels will be on the new models.. Looks like the “i” model is a way of testing some of the new technology before the complete new model release.

brycevr
      Participant

Have a look here I found this a few weeks ago while doing some trolling.
      http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26414

* NEW FEATURES *
      ?New motor case and friction dampener as
      standard equipment.
      ?Motor now located 5.5mm lower and
      2.5mm toward the center, compared to the MM motor case.
      ?Equipped with I.C.S Port
      ?Transmitter and receiver response time has increased 33%
      ?2.4Ghz Technology

The first cars will be Porsche 962’s (2 variants)
      Do you think I should start a new thread for this as I think it’s goin to be a hot topic in the new year.

color0
      Participant

Isn’t i-series the cheaper variant without the brake? The PCB is cheaper than the standard MR015/02’s.

dgs73
      Participant

Pete, and now big Dave have bought one of these 015i’s, and they do not have the ICS port. Z; these are easy to do as wide body, but it will wind up the same as an 01; you will need 2.5mm offset on the front and wide rears to make it 02 width… remember guys, this chassis is an 01 width with 02 ‘tronics and layout (battery position the obvious other difference.) brycevr; to make an 015i into your car of choice (nice one, too!!), you will need the Autoscale 02 McLaren, and 01 (2.5mm offset front, wide rear) rims, as this is the only way it’ll work. 02 are not available off the shelf in shops in Sydney

dgs73
      Participant

and further, a bit more info. All these Zs in Sydey shops for 120 are rear mount only, namely Alfa 156, 360 Modena and Lamborghini Jota. Autoscales are 30 each, namely Porsche 935 in black or maroon, Porsche Jagermiester, Martini race specs, Volkswagon Golf (high mount). Lets go shopping!!! lol

brycevr
      Participant

Check this out It looks like it’s a slightly wider 02 though a cannot see any programming port ..
      http://cgi.ebay.com.au/KYOSHO-MINI-Z-MCLAREN-F1-LM-MR-02-MMi-READYSET-ORANGE_W0QQitemZ270191543081QQihZ017QQcategoryZ19168QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I will have to pop down to Syd can someone tell me who has a good range in stock. I want a Porsche body for my 01 as well and price seems good.

TallduDe
      Participant

which shop in sydney dave?

dgs73
      Participant

… if you must make me say.. RC Hobbies on Parramatta Rd, and Kellets out west…

dgs73
      Participant

brycevr; i can help you if you want, but body choices as mentioned are limited… but at this price…

dgs73
      Participant

brycuvr again; just looked at the link, what the…? The 015i’s we’ve seen dont come like that… just standard readyset guise. Is that sans controller? Might Haave to look into this further…

brycevr
      Participant
      dgs73;226641 wrote:
      brycevr; i can help you if you want, but body choices as mentioned are limited… but at this price…

When are going there?
      It’s a bit tough for me to get to Sydney atm with Xmas and I’m selling my house…
      I you could pick up a Martini Porsche body for me I’d be grateful.
      Where are you I might be able to get my bro to pick it up from you.
      I’ll send you a PM with my email address

betty.k
      Participant

actually i think you guys might be right about the i series being an 015 without brake, sorry for any confusion i may have caused :8ball:

Renton
      Participant

im forever confused

brycevr
      Participant

I just want one of those F1 LM bodies.
      Bruce would be so proud…

rcs2die4
      Participant
      brycevr
      Participant

Thanks, I already had on my watch list.

dgs73
      Participant

@brycevr 226645 wrote:

When are going there?
      It’s a bit tough for me to get to Sydney atm with Xmas and I’m selling my house…
      I you could pick up a Martini Porsche body for me I’d be grateful.
      Where are you I might be able to get my bro to pick it up from you.
      I’ll send you a PM with my email address

not too sure mate, but between me, Pete or Dave (Mini-G; you’re best option; he works in one of these afore-mentioned hobby shops…) we can sort you out. Guessing you a fair way outta Sydney eh? Or just busy as too… lol

brycevr
      Participant

Yep I live at Bathurst. I was born and bred in Parramatta but I moved up here about 4yrs ago to look after my 84yo Mum & Dad so I’m pretty stuck unless I get a “sitter” to come over. It’s not bad because I mainly work from home and have heaps of time to play with my toys!! I was big into 1/8 buggies and 1/10 nitro tourers but have gone more electric now. I’ve had an 01 for a while but never used it until saw a wicked Mad Max Ford GT body that I had to have, so I dragged out the mini-z and now I’m an addict!! (maybe a tragic)
      I have an F1, 01, 015, 02, 2 firelaps, as well as the most wicked mini-t (almost undriveable 11.1 lipos and 7kv brushless), a brushless RC18, a Nanodragon (stock) and a mini inferno.
      Thats just the mini stuff, I’ve probably got 40 larger scale cars. The TGR sinister has got me pumped atm, Maybe Feb-Mar ?
      If you can help out with the body thing just let me know your details (bank Acc etc and I’ll drop the funds in. My bro lives at St Mary’s but would probably buy the wrong thing!!
      Here are some of the other scale … (No planes or heli’s in the pic) There’s heaps more but were packed away when I took the pic, these are all runners.

brycevr
      Participant

BTW they are sitting on a 65ft AFX track.

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

@brycevr 226663 wrote:

BTW they are sitting on a 65ft AFX track.

sorry for posting on an old thread, but I can’t let a mention of AFX pass me by..

you still got the slot car stuff?

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.