anyone heard of these??

Home Forums General Chat anyone heard of these??

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      dgs73
      Participant

A mate of mine showed up at my place the other day, out of his back pack pulls 6 tiny pull-back cars, made by Tonka, called Tricksters. On closer inspection, the bodies resemble DigiQ alot, in size, deformity, etc. Turn em over, and there on the base is the words Takara Co. Ltd, under the Tonka logo. These cars are old, i’d guess five years or so. Anyone heard of these, or had any when they were younger(hehehe!)??

PandaBear
      Participant

They’re not “Penny Racers”, are they?

dgs73
      Participant

they look like the one and the same, ‘cept for the name. Same slot on the back to put coins in for tricks tho. Funny, i thought they were penny racers too.

PandaBear
      Participant

There are lots of “custom” PRs out there, think companies could order them for promotional use etc, perhaps Tonka was one of them. If you order enough they can make any body for you. 🙂

Then there are the “limited edition” ones, last one I saw was the Harry Potter blue Anglia.

Lazboy
      Participant

most likey a tonka got takara to make them

as you know penny racer are not even made by takara any more

a bit like how hot wheels used bit racers

PandaBear
      Participant

Some years ago, McDonalds US even got Mattel to make them some custom HotWheels cars to put in their HappyMeals.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Is it called a “TURBO TRICKSTER” ???
      I used to have some of them about 10-12 years ago. Put a 2c coin on the back and they do wheelies.

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let’s get wasted and have the time of our lives!!

dgs73
      Participant

Them’s the ones, Jamie. And yes, they are about ten or so years old, not the five i thought…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.