Anyone selling the new fets?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      mocky
      Participant

Anyone have 8 new SI4562DY fets and selling them in australia ,sydney?

Keymaster

I’ll check my sources.. I’ve been supplying IRF7389s for a while and never had requests for these new ones 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

OK… The not cheapest price but first supplier I have a trade account with would let me sell them for about $7.50 each delivered anywhere. *ouch*

However retail for 8 units is $199.60 – so there is a saving there.

Mind you this same supplier wholesales IRF7389s at $6.59 (+ delivery) each when i source and sell them for $2.50 each delivered….

More as I find it.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

A,

Do you have any FETS you are willing to sell???

I need 4 of the buggers, im trying to make a 8×2 internal esc.

Keymaster

I have IRF7389s 24 hours away at all times if not in stock.

Surely an 8×2 stack would imply needing 16? Or are you doing something tricky?

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

mocky
      Participant

If u have read my other previous post,yes ,iam going to do something stupid.mr02,16 new fets ,nml equivalent motor if not better.Trying to get 80km/hr on 4 cells.Yes im stupid,this is probably not going to work but i have a 12000uf capacitor,sized like a walnut.I can get the new fets from miniztuner for 2.50 each but stuff shipping.
      I call this Project Caveman, because its the level of thinking that im going to use to do this.

Keymaster

I don’t think the new FETs are all they’re cracked up to be. USD2.50 plus shipping?

So perhaps that AUD7.50 shipped each ain’t so bad?

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

mocky
      Participant

the new fets are better but ive secretly stumbled onto a new fetting technique,its my lil secret until some1 else discovers it.but i can provide upto 30% increase in speed that the usual method according to my tamiya speed checker.
      7.50 is alot,since i got to 16 of em

Keymaster

*nods* understand about the price – however I can’t do anything better than that – to get to offering that price I gotta buy a lot more than 16 (in fact over AU250.00 worth + pack + delivery + GST), which I then need to sell…

It looks like Vishay has few importers in AU that deal in the small numbers (I buy the IRF7389s in lots of 95) we’re talking about, so that means the ones that do ‘small’ numbers

As with any new technique make sure you document it so that when the time comes you can share it with the world.

There are other ways to FET the MZ, it’s just that IRF7389 or SI4562DY are direct solder-in replacements, that makes them ‘easy’, especially when they stack as well….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

mocky
      Participant

maybe i mite buy some 7389 to play wif for now,wouldnt hurt practicing fetting the mr02,stupid reciever box is the way!
      HOw much are IRF7389 ,how much for shipping and wat payments do u take?
      Solder-in replacement?Dont quite understand wat u mean,can u explain.Will you be getting new fets in the future?

Edited by – mocky on 28 January 2004 13:05:06

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

mocky, the data sheets tell me that the new fets are only marginally better, but can handle 30% more current on start up.

Aaron, i already have a 6×2 stack, i want 4-6 fets to make a bigger stack and try to cramm it all inside the chassis.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

mocky, the data sheets tell me that the new fets are only marginally better, but can handle 30% more current on start up.

Aaron, i already have a 6×2 stack, i want 4-6 fets to make a bigger stack and try to cramm it all inside the chassis.

Sorry about the small order, but dgs73 might be interested in 12 of the buggers.

Keymaster

Jamie – the order size doesn’t matter 😉

Startup current doesn’t really help all that much does it? I suppose what people are banking on is the acceleration phase to be over in that startup phase.

At least that’s my thoughts.

Mocky, AUD$2.50 each any quantity of 4 or more. That price includes delivery. I take cash/money order/direct bank deposit/paypal (but prefer not to Paypal within Australia).

You get them in the mail within 3-4 days of payment coming through. I say that long because that’s officially how long AusPost can take 😉

To order drop me a PM.

Jamie I’ve sent you a PM.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Start up current is when the power is switched on, and the motor draws a gigantic current for a few milliseconds, i.e. a plasma dash might draw 80+ Amps on startup!!!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.