Are there any Aussie, car models to fit Z?

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion Are there any Aussie, car models to fit Z?

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      Z-Nagual
      Participant

Well are there? (plastic of course)

merc-blue
      Participant

nah dont think so..

dgs73
      Participant

the only one i’ve seen (if you can get it, then if you dare to run it) is the Mad Max Interceptor, kind of a rare item these days, but very pretty…

kevsta
      Participant

Mad Max 1 was one of my favourite movies…

Mad Max 3 and Tina Turner spoiled it all with we don’t need another hero.. thunderdome etc..

The interceptor is a Chrysler Charger with a v8 supercharged fuel injected suicide machine with a modified front end wasn’t it or was it a Falcon 500 ?

Can’t remember, gotta crack open the dvd and watch it…

dgs73
      Participant

Falc 500 dude… mate of mine used to drive one… sky blue but… did’nt have the agro appearance of the Interceptor. Still a modded front end though…:approve:

Tim
      Participant

I’ve been looking around as well, most of the models i’ve seen so far are 1/24 scale while the mini-z are 1/28 scale so not much luck so far.

Dgs guess what i got a 350z 1/24 scale model lying in front me unbuilt,hehee:)

dgs73
      Participant

so?

dgs73
      Participant

I’ve got an MR-02 350Z sitting in front of me, unrun… hehe:D

dgs73
      Participant

so there!!!! lol:p

Tim
      Participant

rofl:D

Jay-Z
      Participant

a bit of advice tim… it`s pretty hard to impress someone (DGS!!) that has just about every miniZ available!! & let`s not talk about BIT`s!!! ..& i hope to see ya sunday! ..oh yeah, now that my car is comparitively slow i`m all for stock motor non-FET/turbo races, LOL!!

Keymaster

I gotta admit I’m keen to have a go at grafdting a static model to a Z-type chassis…. iWavers are cheap enough that you can make chassis mods to make things fit 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

that is my plan too… as soon as I find the right shell… ie; 30’s Ford coupe… seen the coupe in the “black betty” Spiderbait filmclip? There ya go… Not Aussie I know, but it’s gotta be done, me thinks…:D

Z-Nagual
      Participant

I currently have a HKS kansai service altezza sxe10. Looks awesome. previous cars: viper, tommi mak lancer, vw gti golf (rm tuner version), smokey and the bandit trans am, 95 mitsu. eclipse, trueno, chev s10 truck, thunderbird stock racing car and a mini that was converted to a drag mini by glueing the chev s10’s motor on tne bonnet and glueing 2 sets of wheels together for super fat rear wheels which made it imposible to roll or flip.

Z-Nagual
      Participant

I also have an untouched 1936 ford coupe. looks like a challenge to fit it to the z chassis tho.

dgs73
      Participant

what scale is the ’36 coupe, Z-Nagual? If it’s a 1/24 or so (hence bigger than the Z chassis) then extension of the chassis is necessary… not hard either. What model make is it? ie. Revell, Tamiya, etc. Sorry ’bout the flood of questions but you hold a shell that I have sought after for a long time…

Z-Nagual
      Participant

AMT ERTL is the brand. 1:25 is the scale. and its not the length thats the problem (although its quite long) its the width thats the problem. If you’ve seen the 36 coupe, you might notice that the engine bay is quite narrow in comparison to the rear of the car. wheras the front of the mini-z is the same width as the rear. It would take a LOT of cutting to fit it and to be honest I don’t think it can be done. maybe a 1:24 scale would JUST fit. Either way I would love to see one in action. Its such a nice model of car. I’m scared to try in fear of ruining it. And if your next question is ‘will I part with it’ I’m sorry no.

Z-Nagual
      Participant

Where are you located? I think I’ve seen the same model in frontline hobbies here in newy. their no. is 49291140. Maybe you should enquire. The dudes who work there are complete dickheads though (can I say that here). otherwise have a look at AMT ERTL website or something. It’s not too hard to come by.

dgs73
      Participant

mate no worries i’ll get one… and where there’s a will there’s a way…:smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant

oh, the location… Sydney… in Ryde…

TallduDe
      Participant

well im getting a model kit to test out if it will fit on a z shouldnt be too hard to fit it on i got a few iwaver bodies which can be cut up for parts!

trash
      Participant

the interceptor was the very first mini Z car I saw.. the buggers wanted $200 for it …. thought it was pretty cool … trip back to the 70’s.
      They are actually quite common in HK, I saw two of them racing, including a hummer and a few other cool Z shells that I’ve never seen in aus.

dgs73
      Participant

saw another Interceptor the other day on the ‘bay… judging by the price it’s still a rare shell…:shock:

dgs73
      Participant

saw another Interceptor the other day on the ‘bay… judging by the price it’s still a rare shell…:shock:

Z-Nagual
      Participant

The interceptor would be awesome but I would really love to gat hold of some sort of holden (a monaro or something would be rad).

Z-Nagual
      Participant

The interceptor would be awesome but I would really love to gat hold of some sort of holden (a monaro or something would be rad).

Z-Nagual
      Participant

But nearly impossible to find. If not completely imposible!

Z-Nagual
      Participant

But nearly impossible to find. If not completely imposible!

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:

i’m with you there… a Monaro would be awesome. Still wanna do the ’36 though:D

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:

i’m with you there… a Monaro would be awesome. Still wanna do the ’36 though:D

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.