Associated RC18T

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Associated RC18T

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      PandaBear
      Participant

AE also wanting to get into the RTR trucky game. First they had the MGT (rebadged Thunder Tiger truck) and now they ve got the RC18T – 1/18th shaftdriven 4WD stadium truck.

scale.comp.side.text.600.jpg

Includes ?Super 280? high-performance motor, micro ESC, receiver, and high-capacity 1100mah nickel- metal hydride (Ni-MH) battery pack

Includes your choice of prepainted body.

Real oil-filled shocks for smooth, consistent damping, front and rear.

Each of the four lower suspension arms are identical and interchangeable, front to back and right to left.

Four high-traction ?Mini-Pin? racing compound tires with foam inserts.

chassis.top.700.jpg

Supposedly shipping in time for xmas 2004.

Edited by – Aaron on 22 November 2004 12:31:19

TallduDe
      Participant

dude!

looks the business, where can i find more info on these things!

def wanna get 1!

i cant believe i still wanna get more stuff!

bithed
      Participant

…hmm…this one or the spyder…this one or the spider…dunno…

betty.k
      Participant

why the hell do rc designers put the batteries (real heavy) down one side and the other stuff (not so heavy) down the other? maybe i’m missing something here but it just aint logical. my guess is that these cars corner better one way than the other as a result. wassup wi’ dat?:8ball:

PandaBear
      Participant

Surprisingly cells aren’t all that heavy, and a 6-pack of subCs (~300g) are only a little bit heavier than a 540 motor + ESC + RX + servo combined. Add in a cooling fan and its just about balanced.

The batteries are also very close to the central spine (centre of moment) so that helps agility. Having the batts longitudinally gets better agility than if they were mounted laterally sideways across the car.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Those batteries ain’t sub-c either…much smaller.

mini-g
      Participant

1/10th toring cars have been doing it that way for a while now! makes more room and does not affect the handling too much.

merc-blue
      Participant

this is the best racer style 1:18 offroad chassis the best onroad is the M18 and the best thrasher is the duratrax (has a 400 size motor :D)

bithed
      Participant

…this place has them priced at 27 USd…thats NOT cheap…

bithed
      Participant

ohhh…but check out the flash movie though…VERY nice..

http://www.rc10.com/shusting/CatalogHub/kitspecs_18t/kit18t.htm

bithed
      Participant

DAMN that thing is smooth…I wish KYOSHO would pull the finger out and give us monre info on the Half 8…I still have TWO months to wait for its release…BTW local rumour says it will be AROUND 20,000 JPY retail…

bithed
      Participant

…hmm…after jamie said this company rocks, and believe it or not i respect jamie’s aopinion on MANY things, i checked them out…this truck looks good too…damn im confued now…maybe i should just buy local japanese stuff…anybody ? some help please?

http://www.rc10.com/shusting/CatalogHub/kitspecs_t4/rc10t4_kits.htm

bithed
      Participant
      bithed
      Participant

says 39 bucks shipping…plus a bit for customs when it comes through….damn i might just get this right now…and yes i KNOW its a preorder…

bithed
      Participant

…ok fellas…i talked myself into it…bye bye mini t…i am now the proud owner of a ‘not-here-yet, not-released-yet RC18T’…im stoked…been a while since Bithed actually bought something decent for HIMSELF 🙂 Ahhh…feels good 🙂 i hope i get the red one…

dgs73
      Participant

hmm… now i gotta choose… mini t or this… 4wd might be a selling point for me…:smiley2:

Edited by – dgs73 on 17 November 2004 15:16:59

bithed
      Participant

..watch the bloody video…got o ebay…get the 154 usd truck, swallow the shipping…enjoy the good life 🙂 then i wont have to sell you mine 🙂 4wd dave..the mini t is 2!!! i want the red one i want the red one…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Dave, if you get the mini T i will slap you, the mini T is a good chassis but the rest…just don’t ask, they ruined a good chassis IMO.

The RC18T has so many things included, that will cost hundreds extra in aftermarket parts if you get the mini T.

Oil shocks, proper radio gear, ball bearings, just to name a few.

Personally i’m more interested in the Half8…

bithed
      Participant

…dave just get the 18T…it will stop you whinging later on…

..yeah jamiw the half 8 looks nice too…It will be good to see when and if it FINALLY ges here…present quesses are sometime in February ’05!!! Like i mentioned previously, localshop staff reckon between 18,000 jpy and 22,000 jpy…might be less…Mini T retails here for 16,000 jpy, its brought in by EAGLE of all people…Associated is brought in by YOKOMO…The RCT3 i think it is..the sedan is WIDELY supported in add on parts here so HOPEFULLY touch wood the 18T might get a BIT of support…I can imagine it will be a serious, if not the only, competeition for the half 8…kyosho is always so slow though….

bithed
      Participant

…more stuff to read…slightly better, but not much, than the usual promo drivel…

http://wildhobbies.com/news/default.asp?cmd=view&articleid=1252

…its all very well me buying a new platform bt i have realised i also need new lingo and MUCH more knowledge…I just found out about the spur gear and what it does…battery size is all different too…the propo looks cheesy too…hopefully i can use my super sexy EX5 though i MIGHT swap out the reciever…like i REALLY know what that means and what the benefits are…lol..ok..a few more hours reading…

Edited by – bithed on 18 November 2004 02:13:32

MiniKing
      Participant

I think im goin to join the 1/18 off road craze….i want a mini T i know they arent that good standard but i reckon it ca improved upon heaps……i like the mini quake and the rc18 but i just want to see wat a mini T is capable of…..i dont mind the cost of the hop ups as the LHS is a losi importer and he has everything cheap so i wont have any problem getting parts…….i want to get something that i wont have order parts off the net everytime something breaks………i hate waiting for parts to arrive….:D:D:D

bithed
      Participant

…thats true too mini king…mini t parts here are comparatively few and far between…thats was one thing i was worried about…the trinity doesnt seem to habve the greatest feeling on forums here and there and the background / history / general feeling about the 18T seemed ok…if i HADNT found it on ebay for 155 USD then i wouldnt have gotten it…i wasnt going to pay 175 PLUS shipping…Apparently Tomwer Hobbies has the 18 for 155 minus 20 USd with a voucher from their site but as they are on the US east coast i lose out on shipping anyway…this ebay seller is on the westcoast so MUCH closer to me…

…there have been some REALLY good mini t’s on the bay recently as people unload their hopped up units for the new pro version or for something totally different come xmas time…i was So closing to getting a second hand one off the bay but didnt…regretted at the time but grateful now you know…

…the mini quake annoys me..i just get what all the fuss is about…looks cheesy as all hell…i REALLY dont like it…but the minit is established well now and would be a good purchase…damn i talk alot..lol..sorry…

bithed
      Participant

…The 18 T is shipping out as we speak..No idea when mine will arrive…I am really looking forward to it…I HOPE i get it before xmas…fingers crossed…

bithed
      Participant

…there is a prety good video half way down this page…Check it out…by all accounts this is STOCK !!

http://wildhobbies.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=18352#18352&sid=b1da5f53dc4ddd4cb654e8373ae89aa5

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.