ausmicro.com Goes Racing with GSLRallySport

Home Forums General Chat ausmicro.com Goes Racing with GSLRallySport

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Thats right, we are happy to announce that ausmicro.com will be sponsoring GSLRALLYSPORT for the upcoming ‘Shakedown’ Rally in Hampton, Blue Mountains NSW, only a couple of hours west of Sydney!

The rally, being conducted on the 29th of April, consists of 120 competitive kilometers and usually gets a good turnout from the Australian Rally Championship teams who use it as a practice round.
      There will be plenty of big names around and hopefully the associated media (all ARC rounds are covered by ‘RPM’ on Network 10). Not only will this be great practice for the guys running the car but it will also see the ausmicro.com brand exposed in a new light to a new audience!

Any ausmicro.com members should feel free to come up for the day or even the weekend to have a chat and look at all the cars!

There will be great spectator points and a chance to snap some crazy photos (some drivers tend to go a bit crazy at the spectator points and put on a bit of a show!)

The GSLRallySport Lada Samara will be painted up in the exciting combo of Blue White and Red that we all love!

Greg (Driver) and Nate (Navigator) have been working hard to get the prepared and we know they’ll be giving the event their best.

Pics of the car will be posted in due course, and I’ve attached some funky Lada Renders to give you some ideas on what you may need to expect!

--
      Site Owner Guy.

PandaBear
      Participant

Lada Samara… got a Brock Polariser on that?? 🙂

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

I want to see as many ausmicro.com peeps at the rally, wearing shirts and caps and driving r/c cars all over the place!

C’mon people, lets ‘rally’ behind our ausmicro.com rally car and have a great weekend in the process!

😀

jazza_1984
      Participant

thats awesome! pity im in tassie…

Admin
      Participant
      PandaBear wrote:
      Lada Samara… got a Brock Polariser on that?? 🙂

Don’t laugh, there aren’t too many FWD cars that are setup to do this!

http://www.suddenlysideways.com/gallery/Test-TuneGood/IMG_6155

Gotta give the speccies something to cheer about! :smiley8:

I do wish the lada had a wing like that one though!

Definately looking forward to getting a new colour scheme though… the previous owner was fond of the whole Fiat Factory scheme… i reckon it looks crap!

merc-blue
      Participant

Guys this i great new. and Ladas arent bad cars
      we rally 2 hyndai Excels (sponsored by hyundai) and the do arite. (although modifacation restrictions stop them geing fast)
      do you know if they need help? im studying motorsport At the moment and would glady donate my time to go down and give them a hand working on the car, or just service points, i assume they have a full team already though

as for a brock polariser you dont have one do you willy? for a very short while they came out in a few holdens and are worth a mint

Keymaster

Merc, Greg and Nate would probably love to have a hand with the car. They’re trailering it down from Brissy for the Rally and I think are doing it tough getting a crew together.

Sure there may be more standing around than fixing but why not come for fun! PM Astro Boy (Greg) and ask 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

merc-blue
      Participant

Cheers Aaron i will do

Admin
      Participant

The excel series is a VERY good thing, and i was almost going to do the NSW series this year, but over xmas, things kinda got crazy and we had to do something quickly and the lada came up, despite only planning to run it till something better comes up, we’ve all been plesently surprised with how its gone, and so, for this year atleast, we’ve taken the option of running a cheap car in LOTS of events (ie. interstate event etc.) instead of running an expensive car in a few events…

Its all comes down to experience, and if you can’t drive a lada fast, then don’t expect to drive a WRX fast, so that’s basically where we’re at… Having said that yesterday we missed out on buying a GT4 Celica by about an hour!!!!!

Anyone who wants further info on the event, its probably easiest to contact me at gslrallysport@bigpond.com

Thanks for your support guys!

Greg

Barrelll
      Participant

mmm GT4 woulda been nice

Keymaster

It’s just over a week away and the excitement is building!

So if you’re in the Sydney area consider coming up to Scenic Hampton!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Well it’s been run and “won” – But not by us 🙂

The ausmicro.com GSLRallySport Lada Samara finished the Rally, bettering 10 other competitors but still chased the tail end of the field. Greg and Nate had a few hiccups in the early prep and were not able to note the course fully before the start. This compounded late in the day when they left the road and firmly jammed the car into a tree.

The car was recovered and the last competitive stages were completed when a seriously bent front end.

The determination and professionalism shown by their resolve to finish the rally was acknowledged in the results presentation, and with rousing applause from their fellow competitors and peers.

My Pictures from the Weekend can be seen at http://photos.ausmicro.net/29-04-2006_ShakedownRally

Sadly it looks like this Lada will be no more, but all is not lost, a new Lada has been obtained and with the addition of money (about $2000 AUD) and a lot of hard work by the GSLRallysport Team the most unique Rally Car in Australia will continue to be a crowd favourite.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ph2t
      Participant
      betty.k
      Participant

that is soooooo cool seeing the site plastered onto a real car!:worship:

big congratulations to greg & nate, anyone who understands rally will realise that just finishing makes you a winner! placing well is just gravy:beer:

so when will we see it on telly? :8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

mate you shoud of gotten a datsun! (im building a datto 1600 for rally so i would say that wouldnt it! hahahaha)

nar really i like seeing car from different places doing rally, keeps the sport interesting.

well done btw even with crashing to finish is a major exersize!

nismotuningrocks
      Participant

is it just me or do all you australians like rally? i mean here in america im one of very few that enjoy the sport

TallduDe
      Participant

welll yes……….hahahahaha

you see australia has a great off-road tradition, lots of clubs are out there to support young drivers in both car rallies and motorcross(motorboikes) i think every one of our international bike riders all started off in motorcross events.

Australia has a lot of un sealed roads and lots of people have to use them and lots of kids get given bikes as presents. so you can see where this leads…….

nismotuningrocks
      Participant

dang australia gets all the good stuff in the us we have stupid rallies with only subes and an ocasional good car but you australians get the good ford cars lol we get nothin

z-beam
      Participant

good stuff for getting out there in the rally scene. the car looked pretty good indeed. shame about the results, but im sure things will only get better!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.