AWD BIT, can it be done????

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      rashumble7
      Participant

Hey guys i have searched the forums for info on any attempts or success in making a bit all wheel drive, and have not found much.
      i am hoping i could make my audi lms quattro mod, a true quattro.
      any help would be really appreciated…….THANKS

merc-blue
      Participant

yes i can be done but it requires some SRS work.. unless you have access to a fully decked out workshop.. dont bother

Admin
      Participant

Yes Rashumble, it can be done and have done some preliminary research,my design requires 316 stainless steel front differential internals so not to compromise magnetic steering and to get full use of awd theory suspension is a must, as a typical ball joint at either end takes up too much room it is possible to use either a Hirth coupling (serrated)or Oldem (slotted)however battery endurance would be poor due to high mechanical loses.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

i made “cv” joints using some silicone insulation wire from an X speed motor’s wire.

That worked fine in the prototype stages, but i lost interest alltogether in bits.

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh if you guys have seen TTTT they ar AWD in smaller than BCG.. but there have full acess to workshops like toyos

rashumble7
      Participant

Thanks alot guys,jamie, Merc, Toyo yes unfortunately i do not have access to a machine shop. I guess quattro will just have to be a name for now. Jamiekulhanek i know you say you lost interest, but could you brake it down for me a little bit about your prototype. Possibly some pics or a diagram, it sounds very interesting.

Thanks a bunch guys, keep up the good work

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

the front knuckles are drilled out and a brass bushing pressed in, an axle fixed to the wheel goes in the knuckle bushing, and the soft flexy silicone insulation is the cv joint.

I did some drawings, but fitting it all in a BCG shell was daunting.

Racer9
      Participant

If you want check out the new ZZ monster truck. 4WD stock! It is all plastic though. i am sure someone here can fix that though! lol! I am going to buy one. If you want vids I have three from Bit Pimps and some great pics of the internals.:D:D:clown::shock:

TallduDe
      Participant

yer those things look cool,

im gettin some should be hellar fun :smiley16:

chino
      Participant

racer9, does the front tires steer? im thinking about gettin one

chino
      Participant

omg! i really want one now! cheack out these motors.
      60-7546.jpg

i dont think its tank controls either cus it only comes with one set of each gear. one tranfer and one axle. saw sping in the front too. 4wd! i must hav it!.
      60-7056.jpg

Edited by – chino on 21 October 2004 10:23:27

z-beam
      Participant

hell yes:evil: that rocks!!!

release date? price? availability???

we want thems in australia dammit!!!

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh people are pretty sure non tank steering but over all they seem reather crap.. im sure with some extreame modding they can be made more “capible”

chino
      Participant

http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F006%5F005%5F002%5F004&Page=1

it sez 24 us o that site ut the guy at the store sez its gonnah be $10 fora while

Admin
      Participant

Rashumble7… have gone to Dick Smiths to sacrifice yet another of enertecs finest,hopefully will have awd up and running before any of you gezza’s get one. Have spent some time nutting out front differential/magnet conflict…vehicle will be touring car not monster, biggest fear is weight which might kill it.Am considering magnesium instead of steel for drive train, Don’t expect killer performance..6 km/h max.

rashumble7
      Participant

:DCount me in, i definately want one of these, does any one know anything about the size of these monster chassis? will a reg zz body be able to fit? toyo ,cant wait to see that awd mod.If any one gets a hold of some chassis pics of this monster, please post.

betty.k
      Participant

the zz monster will take all zz bodies. that should give you an idea of the size:8ball:

rashumble7
      Participant

Thats good news:smiley2:, thanks betty.k. I cant wait till they lower the price.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.