AWD Gearing

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Renton
      Participant

Top of the evening

Anyone (im looking at you rcs2die4 :smiley14: ) want to give me the low down on what some of the better gearing set ups are?

Thankyou kindly

cagefreak
      Participant

depends on how fast the track is…. but I’ve found a good all around ratio is 19/27 or 20/27 if you have the pro kit from pn racing.

kevsta
      Participant

I haven’t played with the awd gearing because the stock motor is fast enough to drift and run on small tracks.

But generally a small tooth pinion gear is suited for small tracks where you need to punch out of the corners, where as the larger tooth pinions are more for top end speed.

rcs2die4
      Participant

In my AWD I run a Kyosho AWD X-Speed motor but I have replaced the can for a ball bearing can !! I of cause also have BB’s throughout the car !! I run alloy spacer/motor holding plates and an alloy motor cover which of cause help with heat dispersion !!

I run 17/29 gearing for smaller tracks (upto 2 car garage space) and 19/29 for slightly larger tracks !! This ratios seem sweet for some fairly fast racing !!! After a race which is a full set of Sanyo 1000mAh batteries my motor is just slightly warm…

I sometimes run the 19/29 gearing on the smaller track for a little extra speed but it can get a “little” laggy coming out of the tight hair pin !!!

But yeah it is really a track, motor and skill dependent thing !!! 😀

RCS

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.