Awesome – My Baja Parts just came!

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Awesome – My Baja Parts just came!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

w00t!
      Was a little while as the importer was out of stock of some of them BUT they re here….

This weekend I may get a chance to get the ol Baja Champ up and running again 😉

We have:
      New drive shafts (with the plastic balls as they were cheap)
      HardJoint Cups
      New oil seals for the Shocks

Wootski!!!!
      A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peedee
      Participant

did you have to pay customs fees

Keymaster

NAh – I buy my 1/10th parts from a shop in Perth who does pretty reasonable prices and mail-order.

For most parts I would have to say that buying from the US is just not worth it in price.

http://www.radiomodels.com.au is where I shop…. (after comparing prices with Tower, Hobbyco etc…. (and my local Hobby Shop who normally gets my ‘ohh crap’ budget)

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peedee
      Participant

so if i was to get a tmaxx from tower i wouldnt save any money as of getting it from aus

Keymaster

You probably would save money – but on the other hand if you get nailed by customs you’ll be paying more than you expect.

If you get hit ecpect to pay about 15% more to customs……

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peedee
      Participant

yea well thats still a saving but i will use a courier as opposed to auspost as customs isnt that expensive with a courier

Keymaster

Customs is same – it’s at levied percentages by law.

BUT some courier/mail services DO charge and additional premium for doing the transaction.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

PandaBear
      Participant

yup blackeye:

DHL once whacked me full GST + import levies, plus extra $60 for the pleasure of their customs-agent services.

All payable by creditcard… :smiley2:

Keymaster

*nods* the best one I had was the companied that levied said fees in US$ at time of export, to prepare the paperwork, then the Aussie side of it levied a fee (again in US$ as it’s a US company) for recieving and processing the above paperwork. US$60 for the pleasure of doing this for $US100 worth of parts which normally wouldn’t have attracted duty is they came via the normal post.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.