awesomeness at the worst big day out ever…

Home Forums General Chat awesomeness at the worst big day out ever…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

“From New Zealand we have a world first, the LORDS OF LIGHTNING with their DUAL TESLA COIL BATTLE. The is not for the faint hearted. Two people will wear metal mesh costumes and stand on top of the multi-million volt drivers, literally transmitting lightning from their hands. (SELECTED SHOWS)”

if by any chance any of you do go to the big day out wherever you are, make certain you look for these guys on the map. worst music ive ever had to go through really, well compared to some awesome line ups of previous years…

but these two kiwi’s standing proud in steel mesh ninja suits apon 6 ft tesla coils with mortal combat styled martial arts movements rocked my world.

5 meter violet arcs leaping from their short staves to connect with one another was just amazing. the best bit was it was real, huge amounts of current was flying everywhere and they could only manage to do short displays of about 12-15 minutes im guessing because of the heat.

but old nikoli would be proud the way these two really showed those who where lucky enough to witness the fantastic beauty of pure arcing current being directed by a human vessel (protected in an insulated steel mes ninja suit!).

damn… i can find pictures on the web yet of these guys… the copied section abouve from the BDO website will do for now… original source of text:
      http://www.bigdayout.com/news/pressreleases.php?NewsId=19

z-beam
      Participant

Keymaster

That’s just plain freaky…

So what exactly was so bad about the BDO? Just a crap lineup? Or an average line-up that couldn’t perform for shit?

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

no mylo (due to ilness), m.i.a didnt show up (teh hot shri lankan female artist ), mudvaynes set got messed up half way through due to sodden ground messing with electricals and iggy pop who i was looking forward to was scary as hell…

like what is a 60 year old doing that for? the band (original stooges line up)
      did an awesome job and has really been putting in the hard yards with thier collective force. musicly it reminded me of really early limp bizkit, korn without any of the high pitched twiddly bits.

pity iggy just sounds like peter garret. weaker, drug-f@cked and just silly lyrics that would fit in 40 years ago just have no place here.

but i suppose if you like old rock music that goes on about america and cars and you like chunky riffs and decent drumming you might want to give it a listen.

if you are into scratching and rapping, edan is an artist to look out for in the future. propbably the most entertaining hour of music i heard there all day. check it out if your into hip hop, otherwise just steer clear of this one…

white stripes were a bit meh… i mean great 2 peice and all, great songs but really so easy to reproduce. rising stars that have come way too far waay too fast. i expect em to dissapear in the next 3-4 years. enjoy the cd. watch them live, notice how without a doubt they reproduce that same song from the cd live flawlessly. ponder the fact you could have heard it at home without having to be offended by stinky shirtless guys and a decent ale in hand rather than a warm tin.

i really hope a video will be released of these two… when they spin the short staves the electricity behaved in a most perculier fashion… it was being like a mad scientist watching that happen.

betty.k
      Participant

the bdo has long since been sold by ken and viviene, they’re just employees now.
      2 of the big acts pulled out at the last minute so they had to get henry rollins in.
      this year looks so bad it’s the first year i’m not gonna work there!

if you do go hang out with greg, christo and duckpond at the lilypad. there’s always something good on there.
      if “the twits” do a set, be sure to get a front row seat to enjoy disapointment!:big: :8ball:

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.