back to the itty bitty repair shop?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

my wrx is the one that didn’t have as much range as it had heart. it now goes about 5 to 6 feet before stuttering, i played with the pot adjustments and took the car apart to look for solder rollin around but there was nothing. i am convinced my car can do better than this but no one around me knows about them. I got my car from ebay from hong kong but i didn’t really want to go back through the guy i got it from because that could take even longer to have it sent to him, then to tomy, then to him, then to me again. . .

has anyone ever sent a bit back to tomy themselves? do they service american customers? just wonderin. i did get it new in the box unopened and all so it’s an under warranty car, but the warranty sheet looks like japanese alphabet soup so i can’t tell what to do or who to call or which way to hold the warranty card.

let me know what’s up

ryan

Admin
      Participant

Rye

I’d really encourage you to liaise with that eBay vendor if he/she was representing a shop. They are in the best position to get the car fixed/swapped out for you.

I wouldn’t go making any other tweaks etc to the car until you hear from them (just in case they try to accuse you of tampering with it).

On the other had, if you really want to have a go at contacting TOMNY directly, make sure you have brushed up on your Japanese as they only provide support via telephone (yup – no email)

Tokyo Customer Support Centre
      Telephone +81 3 36931031
      Hours :8am to10pm Mon-Fri

Osaka Customer Support Centre
      Telephone +81 7 2638-1811
      Hours :8am to10pm Mon-Fri

Good luck…. let us all know what the outcome is.

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

BTW…. just went off to see if I could find any other point of contact for TOMY Japan. Only page is this http://www.tomy.co.jp/inquire.htmwhich is 100% Japanese smiley13.gif

Derek

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:

my wrx is the one that didn’t have as much range as it had heart.?

it now goes about 5 to 6 feet before stuttering…

The same happened here with a 57MHz white wrx. The problem lies in the

remote control, not the car: in certain units there’s a capacitor

soldered inside the remote, between two resistors; removing that part

(by unsoldering it, or by clipping one or both the “legs”), everything

works fine. As a sidenote, I opened another (perfecly working) 57MHz

unit and the capacitor was not present..

Admin
      Participant

any thoughts?should i clip the post and risk it? and where is the capacitor? is there only one? i don’t like being all sly when sending stuff back, but i don’t think anyone would know if i tried clipin a post on the capacitor and then if that didn’t work sending it back anyway.

ryan

Admin
      Participant

what number is the capacitor on the board?

ryan

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.