Backyard Tracks

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      peedee
      Participant

Hi i was wondering of ideas on how to build my own backyard offroad track doesnt have to b to big just big enough for myt pede.

peedee
      Participant

comon you guys someones has to have some ideas

even just hw to build a jump suited for a maxx truck to get some sick air ao anything

Star Guitar
      Participant

maybe backyard tracks is sumthin no one here has tryed before…

barto_85
      Participant
      KingRX7
      Participant

Im building my own backyard track i live in about 2acres of dirt.

peedee
      Participant

i envy u

PandaBear
      Participant

Backyard tracks can be as simple or as complex as you like. Can be as easy as offering to mow the backyard lawn (this’ll get your parents REAL SUSS!) up to to bringing in a Huski skidsteer to do some earthmoving.

Use your imagination (ya kids still got one, right??). :blush:

Jumps can be as simple as a sheet of plywood with 2 legs nailed on to lift it up. (Ramp surface must be attached to the leg/prop otherwise it will just keep shifting everywhere.)

peedee
      Participant

yea i will prob just put a few jumps and a berm and stuff itll be pretty mad *i will use my imagination*

Star Guitar
      Participant

ill help u build it if u want

peedee
      Participant

yea wateva, could i use bricks as like a solid buildin structure and then like cover it in dirt and at lip for strength and to save time and dirt

Star Guitar
      Participant

u could just get a pile of say 7 bricks or so and stack em up on both sides and then have a pile of say 3 a foot away from it (on the side that the car starts on) and then put a big plank of wood on the 7 pile and halfway on the 3 pile and then have another plank of wood on the 3 one and onto the ground and cover it in a little big of dirt thats what i did and it does really good because u get lots of air and if they r wide planks of wood its easier to get a straight run up off the ramp. our jump is basicly what i just explained and it does mad.

Keymaster

Yeah it’s pretty much a case of shifting dirt around, testing it out, and repeating until you get good ‘safe’ jumps and berms etc.

Take a shovel tot eh beach one day (or anywhere else you can did around in softish soil/sand without getitng int trouble) and try out ideas, then build them in your yard (assuming you have the space).

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peedee
      Participant

yea i seen your baja champ in action on the beach looked like fun

PandaBear
      Participant

Unless ya own da HOUSE… might be an idea to ask yer mum/dad *first*… :smiley2:

I can definitely tell youse, digging up the backyard does *bad* things to the house’s resale value. Somehow backyard tracks aren’t appreciated by the Real Estate market??! blackeye:

Last time I tried it, it was on a rental ppty. :blush:

peedee
      Participant

damn.. those real estate agents

lol yea ill just excavate the back yard will parents are at work:)

Edited by – peedee on 06 August 2003 20:07:10

KingRX7
      Participant

thats why we have a huge pile of dirt so then we dont have to dig up holes

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.