Bathurst GTR

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Super Max Power
      Participant

Here are some pictures that have been a long time coming. I tried real hard to get as many of the original sponsors stickers and keep the paint (sticker) job as close to the real one as I could. It does look a bit funny without the major sponsor on the bonnet ? but that is the law, and we don?t want to break the law?

It is running on a pull-back chassis because I am still working on a rim conversion ? the rims will be painted white when I am done. So until then, just pretend.

http://community.webshots.com/album/155195279NWdsBd

z-beam
      Participant

what laws??? you should take a look at my first track! i got so many sponsor ads its not funny!

that gtr’s lookin real nice. whats the major sponsor on the bonnet?

and whats with the mcguyver pics?

Super Max Power
      Participant

Cigarette advertising laws ? the major sponsor of the Gibson Motor sport Nissan Skylines was Winfield Cigarettes. One, I think it is illegal to put cigarette advertising anywhere and two, I don?t think my brush work is good enough to paint their logo that small.

I like MacGyver ? his style is an example of every thing that was wrong with the 80?s.

However, I believe it was MacGyver who started and still inspires me to tinker everyday. Back me up here Betty?:smiley2:

Edited by – Super Max Power on 23 June 2004 20:13:57

z-beam
      Participant

i could get you a winfield logo, i smoke ciggies and i think theres a perfect size logo on a pack of their rolling tobacco. what colour was it sposed to be (white and)?

after a couple of 6packs of coopers the other week me and a few mates were havin a chat about childhood inspirations, i did watch a lot of macgyver but transformers and ghostbusters were my real favorites.

one mate leo confessed to running around when he was a kid saying he was… bush tucker man!

betty.k
      Participant

i must admit to being a mcguyver, i mean i keep boxes of broken and throwaway rubbish for use in my little projects! the ultimate mcguyver toolkit should have:

wd40 (toolbox in a can)
      gaffer tape
      a shifter
      multi grip pliers

you can do anything with that stuff! but for true inspiration, my hero is leonardo da vinci. he excelled in any field he threw himself into, and with no past masters to inspire him:8ball:

Super Max Power
      Participant

The Winfield logo on the cars where white background, black lettering and and red triangle at the bottom. Same colour red as the car – so it looks like there isn’t a triangle??? I am confused.

Bush Tucker Man? That is weird…

On the money with the MacGyver tool kit Betty. I fix everything with gaffer tape first – if that fails I tape it some more.

z-beam
      Participant

black and white you say… i’ll keep an eye out for it for you.

Super Max Power
      Participant

Thanks. If you see any of those coopers lying and nobody using them – I can give them a good home too.

z-beam
      Participant

you want my emty beer bottles?

Super Max Power
      Participant

lol…

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Hey super power max,
      Don’t forget, if you have a friend with a good printer, you could always find a logo on the internet and size it with a photo editor. Then you can print it out on sticker paper. I call it sticker paper for lack of better words. It’s clear plastic like paper that is sticky on one side. Basically used to make stickers.

Nice job so far!

Also, you can’t forget about the mini toenail clippers with built in nail file. I’ve used those in more ways than one. For some reason they always have an application that no other tool can do. I consider them one of the ultimate MacGyver tools.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.