Batteries

Home Forums General Chat Batteries

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      trash
      Participant

Well I would have thought that somebody might have added another tutorial for something useful or interesting.
      I hadn’t considered doing one for batteries. I was just cruizin through the wired world when this critter caught my eye.
      The witchdoctor that used to cast a spell to recharge my batteries
      has been sent on his way. This is an excellent site.

Check it out…

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/

betty.k
      Participant

well spotted, explodes a few myths:8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yeah there’s a lot of good information there.
      :)uA

betty.k
      Participant

well after changing my charging habits according to the info there, i’m noticing a difference in batt performance for the better already! i’ll never run straight voltage into a batt again:8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Very interesting…..lithium-ion-polymer batteries charge up by themselves???? Surely this is a typo.

codesuidae
      Participant

Most manufacturers publish detailed charging info in their datasheets. If you are interested in more detailed info a web search will turn up several of these, along with some projects for building your own chargers using the various battery charging chips available from Dallas, Maxim and others.

I’ve considered setting up a custom charging station using one of those chargers so I can top-up these tiny RC batteries after I’m done running the car for the day. I’m thinking that I could use the quick-charger that comes with the car while playing and let it charge up normally after I’m done.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.