Battery doesn’t last long

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      gtvolv
      Participant

I got this battery from Jaycar.. It’s a little longer than the standard Bit bat, but it fits okay. It’s 3.6Volts too, so the car’s f****** fast!! But it only lasts about two minutes. I’m charging it on a 4 battery charger.

Is it because it’s only 43 maH ???

battery.jpg

micro_Amps
      Participant

Try charging for longer until the battery starts to warm up a little, and maybe at a slightly higher voltage, say 7.5 – 9v for about 90 secs but watch the temp.

Having said that I’m gonna get me one of these ASAP 🙂 Thanks for spotting it and posting it.
      uA

micro_Amps
      Participant

Anyway, what I meant to post is that, yes, the 2 mins is because it is a smaller capacity battery. You are back to the original setup of a 50mAH battery, just now you have a higher voltage. So you go fast for the same amount of time as a standard battery….about 2 mins.

Bing **(light goes on in uA’s head)**

You could however do a ripper dual batt bit mod and have 3.6v at 86mAH which might last you 5 – 10 mins when fully charged, and it would run like a triple bat bit. It’d be a rocket

GT-ahh
      Participant

yeah i saw those at jaycar and was wondering if they’d work… guess gtvolv beat me too it…:D

http://gtahh.web1000.com/
      custom shells, mods and tips

gtvolv
      Participant

Thanks for the info guys…

I have been charging it till its warm (~5min), I might try a higher voltage.

For a dual bat with 86maH, they’d have to be wired in parralel yeah?

DaveF
      Participant

I wonder if battery world would be able to supply a higher mah battery the same size??

????????????????????????
      DaveF! 👿
      My track – http://community.webshots.com/album/58669595eliwuK

Barrelll
      Participant

iv had that battery for some time, it flies but only for a very short time (good drag battery). But doing a dual batt to get 86MAH should work nicely, keep us posted !

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

ph2t
      Participant

Found it!

Jaycar code is SB1606. Here’s the link on the Website

Gonna buy me one after work tonight. I knew they was something good in living close to a Jaycar and Dick Smith store!

ph2t.

GT-ahh
      Participant

yeah if you wire in parallel it would increase the current..series = voltage

http://gtahh.web1000.com/

micro_Amps
      Participant

I’ve just put one into my booster. Goes ok, fast but doesnt last all that long. I guess Ive grown used to the 150mAH NiMH batteries.The motor and pcb warm up a fair bit cranking out 3.6V. Might need a few more runs to develop its full capacity.
      BTW I charged at 6V for about 3 mins, until just toasty warm.

Admin
      Participant

Can someone help me out. How do I charge this battary? Do I need to cut the charger thing from my remote and connect it to a 4 X AA charger.

gtvolv
      Participant

Yeah, you need to get the charging “clip” thing off the remote (cut or unsolder the wires), and connect it to a 4-battery holder. I think the QFM website has instructions.

GT-ahh
      Participant

make sure the batteries are in series, and the polarity remains the same…

http://www21.brinkster.com/gtahh/

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.