Battery Mod for Stamina?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

When you do a dual battery mod, thats for speed only, isn’t it? I dont want break neck speeds on my car, i just want a longer duration. Could i use a different type of battery for this, or do i do a different mod?

Admin
      Participant

If you puta second battery in and wire up in parallel instead of serial this should double the drive time, you’ll also need to charge it for longer. Connect the positive of the internal battery to the positive of the external battery, and negative to negative too.

Apparently we aren’t using the batteries to their max capacity, someone (forget who, sorry) reportedly peak charged a single battery, took 30 minutes and the car ran for near 40 minutes.

One custom mod I’d love to do is make a limo and fit it with two AAA’s (extend the wheelbase of the car somewhatlike the 3 battery mod), that way you can take them out and charge them in a normal charger, you could also wire them inparallel for drive time (I think you’d get bored after an hour…) or in series for speed.

Admin
      Participant

A much easier way to get 25+ minutes of runtime is to switch to an NiMH battery. There is no modification necessary except to replace your rechargeable NiCD with a rechargeable NiMH of the same size. 3 consecutive charges on your Tomy controller yields about 25 minutes of runtime. No soldering necessary!

For more info on how to do this, visit http://www.questformadness.com and click on “25 min runtimes” in the mod section. You can buy the upgrade battery in the parts page if its still in stock.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.