battery pack, gets hot fast

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      infinite
      Participant

hey guys,

i made a seperate battery charger for my car, all i did was take the charger off the remote and solder the wires to a battery pack.

but the problem is that the batteries get hot really quickly when i’m charging the car.

does anyone know why?? and is there any way that i can fix this???

or have any suggestions on how to improve the design?

Attached Image

Admin
      Participant

sounds like a short somewhere…try insulating the wires where you joined them for a start.

Admin
      Participant

Looks like too much current to the battery. Reduce the number of batteries to just two. If you install the two battery mod. then your 4 battery charger would work. Anyone correct me if I’m wrong.

avoid the noid
      Participant

before he says anything about stuff to complete the circuit just bend a paper clip and add them to where the batteries are supposed to go good luck ; )

Admin
      Participant

which batteries are getting hot? the AA Duracells? Or the rechargable one on your bit? I have a 4 AA battery charger like the one in the pic and none of my Bits have suffered – or had warm batteries. I have 1, 2 and 3 cell bits. I had a couple of hot batteries cos the earth wire on the PCB was loose and that made my 2 celled bit’s batteries really HOT! In fact, I ruined the nicads and had to replace both of them.

infinite
      Participant

both batteries get hot actually.. my car’s battery got pretty hot actually.. does this mean i ruined my battery??

Admin
      Participant

check out that the earth connection to the underside of the pcb on the bit is still connected. if not, solder it back on.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.