Battle tanks

Home Forums General Chat Battle tanks

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      the_bit
      Participant

has anyone here bought one of those tanks off http://www.tradingdirect.com.au, if u have are they worth buying

trash
      Participant

go down to jaycar and have a demo drive of them yourself. I don’t have any of these types. They are ok, but they are nowhere near as good as the DigiQ combat tanks.
      check out http://www.micro-ir.com or my gallery page on this web site.

– trash

the_bit
      Participant

k where can u get digiQ tanks in australia and f u can around how much are they

jazza_1984
      Participant

how much are these to buy at trading direct?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

The digi Q tanks hover around the $150AUD Mark.

bithed
      Participant

if you want to do digi q tanks let me know…they are incredibly cool and later this year they are releasing Godzilla models too…We are also looking at supplying the IR Sound tower which reacts to each tank you are running…the tower completes the situation by playing the sound of each tank moving and firing…we dont have pics of the godzilla sets yet cos they wouldnt let us photograph but i stole a quick spy shot…the tower we will post pics of very soon…anyway…the tanks are VERY cool…BitHed has spoken 🙂 email for a link as i am wary of posting for fear of reprimand for the big cheeses 🙂

jazza_1984
      Participant

thanks for that bithed, ill have a think about it

z-beam
      Participant

bit head, do you mean a whole micro combat godzilla series or just godzilla beating up on the other digi-q tanks?

i am very interested in this!!!!!

bithed
      Participant

Z there are three ‘monster’ items coming out from Konami…one is the ‘real’ reptile-like godzilla, one is mecha-godzilla and the third is the bug, catterpillar like monster whose name escapes me…mecha-godzilla is prettty cool but is a little deformed but is ok…the ‘real’ godzilla ROCKS and is so close to the real thing it is incredible…I IMAGINE these will come out as a set with one tank each and maybe some buildings etc to set the scene…I will post my pic on my page in about 10 minutes so check it out…i figure theywill be out around xmas some time but no word yet…look forward to this one 🙂

trash
      Participant

Actually, when I think about it, such a thing isn’t very hard to make. I have a lot of projects for mini RC’s.
      An Amphometer for measuring speed, A dyno for measuring torque … yes, just like the real ones,
      except using a couple of rubber rollers, tape recorder flywheel and a rubber band to hold the
      car down. I’m developing it for real engines, but
      there is no reason why it can’t be scaled down
      and the same circut used for RC cars.
      I’ve got an idea for measuring lap times and lap counters for several cars at once, but I’ve
      been trying to think of simple ways of doing it so that cars don’t need to add much weight to a car. The idea is for miniZ’s, it would need to be much lighter for the micros.
      Barcodes are really simple, and I can get laser scanners, but I’m not sure how much OSD support you can get with them.

Keymaster

You have a problem with Barcodes – in that the read times as the car trvels over is critical as is the number oif simultaneous counts.

ausmicro.com has been working with the DingoTimer people about developing a system and it’s damn expensive finding a way of reliALlby tracking say 12 cars (maximum avail mini-z freqs) if they’re all in close proximity.

About AU$1K setup cost for the timing gear!

*sighs* we know how we have the software, we just need $2K to finish the testing and developments!!!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

i wonder if konami would be smart enough to use polyphonic speakers like the new phones have for the sound tower….

bit head whats the address of your website? it’s not in your profile….. thankyou!!!

trash
      Participant

The barcodes aren’t as silly as they sound.
      The local go kart track used to use a simple IR beam version. It wasn’t 100%, if two cars went through together, the lap times would just not read for that lap. The window of opourtunity for that to happen was about 10cm on each car.
      The same system could easily be scaled down for
      miniZ’s, but it doesn’t look pretty will a shark fin on each car.

The method I had in mind doesn’t cost much at all. A simple pic chip that looks for coded IR
      led’s. The coding can be done by 4017 or similar and a 555 timer. Very similar circuit to ph2t’s
      knight rider circuit. You arrange the mark and space timing so that each code is different enough from the others. A PIC chip then looks for
      the IR code of each car and logs it.
      Again, the problem of two cars crossing the line
      occurs if one master lap counter is used.
      If one counter is used for each car, and each
      counter has it’s own code to look for, the problem
      goes away. You’d be looking at a cost of about $50
      all up for components depending on how complex you want to make it.

TallduDe
      Participant

is that a seperate charging station for those tanks?

you reckon it would be good for a bit char g? like contvert the platform so it can hold bits????

oxhadokenxo
      Participant
      Quote:
      is that a seperate charging station for those tanks?

you reckon it would be good for a bit char g? like contvert the platform so it can hold bits????

I’m getting one of the tanks with a separate charging station and I think the charging station takes 4 AA batteries I wonder if I could use that to charge a 200MAH batery that I’m getting with my LXX Char-g to fill the battery up faster.

trash
      Participant

The Digi-Q are all in one.
      The clones have seperate chargers.
      I just took my Digi-Q down to jaycar today, but I accidently took the wrong controler for the tank.
      Each type of digi-Q tank has an ID, much like a crystal controls the frequency for radio. Doh !
      I was going to test compatibility and get a picture of the two units side by side for comparison.
      Will do that tomorrow and let yaz all know !

z-beam
      Participant

where are you trash? in timor or oz?

trash
      Participant

thailand
      back next month.

trash
      Participant

thailand
      back next month.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.