BCG brain

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      trash
      Participant

I was having a bit of a peak at a micro RX board yesterday and I was pondering what the main chip is on it. Has anybody come across the
      chip part number or even a company that just makes the boards, or even
      the circuit diagram for them. (wishing too hard there).
      They all look generic. Either 1 motor and one servo for cars or
      two motor control for things like tanks and boats.
      Won’t be long before 3 and four channel units start to appear.
      The added circuitry isn’t much extra.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Trash,
      the early Tomy BCG cars were all based on the Rxc2 and Txc2 chipset combination. These had a booster function option, all of the early BCGs used the Rx2c chips including the early booster cars with the boost option enabled on the Rx pcb. But the xc2 chipset only has 4 functions. Later versions used the Rx6c/Tx6c chipset. All of the later version Tomy booster cars are using the Rx6c receiver pcb.
      The R/Tx6c chipset has 6 functions, L/R/F/B/F1/F2, there are also Rx/Tx5, 7 and 9 chipsets with up to 9 seperate functions.
      The tanks use a fully optioned Rx6c chipset that has all 6 functions operating, L/R/F/B/turretL/turretR.
      The super BCGs are using a PT (Pericom Technologies) chipset with reversed logic, this is a pain and is the reason the supers ‘keep going’ when they go out of range instead of switching off.
      If you do a net search for the Rx2c schematic I am sure you will find it. A 49MHz MS circuit diagram is also on the net somewhere.
      The newer PT chipsets are not available on the net (afaik).
      [:)uA]

z-beam
      Participant

uA when you said the boosters use the rx6c chip that has l/r f/b f1/f2, does that mean there is room for three forward levels of power or should it read l/r f/b f1/b1?

and with your understanding of the super bcg chip would it be possible to have multiple levels of boost?

micro_Amps
      Participant

Sorry, the F1/F2 I refer to is function 1 and function 2 (as listed on the data sheet)

Just to clarify, he Rx6c chip has the following functions
      forward – unboosted
      forward – boosted
      backwards – unboosted
      backwards – boosted
      left
      right
      extra function 1
      extra function 2
      Yes I suppose that extra function 1 and 2 could be used as extra forward speed functions if the circuitry was right. This is for 1st generation BCGs.

The super BCGs dont have the boost at all and the PT chip set is a real pain in the arse to mod too.
      So no, forget about extra speeds on the current range of super BCGs. I am yet to see a circuit or data sheet for the ‘super’ circuits.
      :)uA

trash
      Participant

excellent … thanks for that.

z-beam
      Participant

thanx for the info…

ph2t
      Participant
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.