Best Bit Char-G ever

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ms char-ged
      Participant

It’s dead, and you can tell by the posts made in the forum for the last few years that the hype has finally stopped. But that doesn’t matter, we all had love or still have love for these micro rc cars, some of us spent a fortune on these, and some of us a bit less (personally i’m glad i didn’t go to overboard).

The question is, what was the best Bit Char-G ever released?

I would have to go for the 350z booster pack. It was an excellent little package, and really fun to play with, i sold mine because the controller case wasn’t perfect (which was the case with practically all of them), but i have to say that this would have to be the best Bit Char-G ever. It was affordable, and you could have fun with it, not to mention the silver 350z body.

Looking back at it, it’s quite laughable. Imagine how much money we would have left in our pockets if the Australian Dollar was as strong as it is now, back then.

I have heard stories of GT-R Nur packages corroding, because the battery wasn’t taken out, or in use. How many years has it been?

Anyway, it was all in good fun, it’s quite funny to think about, how these small cars were such an integral part of our lives, i remember i actually paid $70 for two bodie kits (now that was crazy). 😀

kevsta
      Participant

I second that. Definitely the 350z booster pack is one of my favourites. I still have it along with a honda s2000, a couple of perfection booster sets with various supra shells, a trueno shell, gear sets, hot motors, heat sinks, tyres etc.

Can’t run these now because all the batteries were taken out a while back and no longer take a charge. One day, I’ll get some new batteries and revive them.

Only bought a yello vw kombi van shell a month ago too…:D

But it’s bcg’s that got me into this rc stuff along with help from members on this forum.

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

I’m still having fun with them, partly cos I ain’t interested in Iwaver Z’s hehe.

Also because I’m a flat broke student (not so hehe..)

PandaBear
      Participant

whaddya mean – they’re still fun!
      do a few donuts on the workbench whilst waiting for batts to charge. 🙂

little cells can be replaced with NiMH, they’re a industrial std size
      so they won’t go out of production anytime soon.

am thinking also about all the LiPo bag batteries as used in other little toys
      which would give more runtime & less weight… but LiPos are harder to get
      as there’s few ‘common’ industrial sizes – they are made to order

6s hydro
      Participant

@PandaBear 225756 wrote:

whaddya mean – they’re still fun!
      do a few donuts on the workbench whilst waiting for batts to charge. 🙂

little cells can be replaced with NiMH, they’re a industrial std size
      so they won’t go out of production anytime soon.

am thinking also about all the LiPo bag batteries as used in other little toys
      which would give more runtime & less weight… but LiPos are harder to get
      as there’s few ‘common’ industrial sizes – they are made to order

i modified one of my japan edition bit-char g with a 3.7 volt lipo from a micro helicopter (cheapie foam 20.00) this thing absolutely screams, wheelies and is hard to keep off the roof. have to keep flipping it over every 20 seconds.:beer:

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.