BET FM I.C.S mr-02 conversion

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ph2t
      Participant

I’ve got an mr-02 that I’ve tried to get running from spare bits and pieces. I’ve had trouble finding a working PCB out of the graveyard stack I have. I was thinking of using my BET FM Band ICS PCB from my mini-z Lit and….well…, lets just say curiousity got the better of this cat…….;)

Here’s the RX PCB from the Lit.

bet_ics_pcb.jpg

I removed the servo motor and potentiometer wires, also removed the I.C.S connector. It will be put back on, just not in the same space. Here’s a picture showing the position I’ve placed it in.

bet_ics_conv1.jpg

I wanted to make sure that I could still use the mouting holes on the PCB Cover on the mr-02 chassis. I’ve managed to keep all 4 mounts and have had success mounting an oil shock to the stock mount locations (long).

You can see in the picture below I’m managed to fit it in. There is no stress on the cover, no bow, lol… The cover I used was already butchered from another project, I wanted to practice first… lol…

bet_ics_conv2.jpg

When I do the 2nd version of the PCB cover it will look a LOT nicer. 😀

Well the mockup works. Next step is to wire everything in and test!

Anyways, I got it all together, including a better quality hack job on the top piece. All of it fits. The I.C.S jumper has been removed and will be installed soon. The mosfets are stock 3010’2, keen to try them out.

Servo is clean moving and the motor is all good to, so I didn’t destroy the pcb at least! I also made a right angled adaptor so the crystal won’t get in the way. We’ll see how it goes with the shell I have got for it.

Here’s some pics:

bet_ics_conv3.jpg
      bet_ics_conv4.jpg

Next step is to assemble the front end, build a motor for it and see how she rips!!!

ph2t.

ph2t
      Participant

done some more work. 🙂

bet_ics_conv7.jpg

got a lot of stock stuff still on it. scrounging around for parts to build a complete ball diff, lol….
      the motor is a 33t PN one, in an old can that even has re-soldered side tabs, lol, that’s how slutty it is!

Anyways, the setup is getting there. stock tierod (from the tierod kit , hence the colour), stock steering knuckles. I may put a set of kyosho 40 deg radials on the front in the future, currenty I have put on a new crazy soft arse set of ATM 30 deg crosstrainers, lol…..the soft rubber goes well with more aggresive camber, I think the stock knuckles may make the understeer too lenient. the 40deg kyosho radials will definately “bite” more into the concrete.

rear rims are yet to be done, they’ll be GQ medium mini-z donuts, professionally trued of course…. 🙂
      stock diff. will keep it like that for now.

Here’s a few more pictures….

bet_ics_conv5.jpg
      bet_ics_conv6.jpg
      bet_ics_conv8.jpg

oh, and I love my w910i 🙂

ph2t.

CowboySiR03
      Participant

Watching a little “Black Adder” while modding up your new ride?

Looking sharp, ph2t.

ph2t
      Participant

always! 😉

jimmy
      Participant

wat body is that

ph2t
      Participant

White Auto scale, can’t remember the name of it, will find out…

Here’s a shot with the mounted foams.

BET_ICS_Conv9.jpg

chunky!

Had some “shell free” time on the concrete. Works well. Bounces a bit but that’s expected, all my other concrete rides are running oil shocks. works best for those cracks! lol…

I’m impressed with the 3010 stock mosfets. Best stock mosfets yet. Still lacked the punch that I’m used to, lol…….

The steering is quite responsive, bit too much in fact. Need to dial it down or adjust the tierod. I usually run a more toe out inclined front end on my other daily driver. seems to work well.

Now onto the shell…..

ph2t.

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

sweet rims – Atomic 21.5’s ??

so what happened to this project Mr?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.