Big WELCOME to all Newcomers!!

Home Forums General Chat Big WELCOME to all Newcomers!!

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • Author
      PandaBear
      Participant

A pre-emptive WELCOME to all Newcomers & Thank You for visiting.

If you haven t joined up already, why not do so now?? :):)

ausmicro-logo1.gif
      Click HERE to join up!
      :D:D

Also, We Want Your Feedback!
      Tell us how YOU would like Ausmicro to grow;
      as we can t grow without You.
      We re always open to good suggestions, so keep em coming.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Onya Panda, I was thinking of doing one of these as well, oh well, guess you beat me to it.
      I’d like see some feedback from newbies as well, so why not give us your thoughts.
      :)uA

merc-blue
      Participant

you guys are hillarious .. ur really pushing trying 2 get more members.. any ways if any one now wants help with any mod they heard about it odds are ive done it ir know some one who has… another thing is if u are just gonna flood the forums with how to go fast posts then DONT just PM me and ill give u the run down on all things micro

Keymaster

It’s a trade-off ont he knowledge level, people learn by asking questions and showing what they’re doing. Likewise ‘old hands’ may learn about different ways to interpret the ‘problem’.

On never does stop learning, and indeed it’s a great honour to be able to help others do that as well.. (damn look at me I’m sounding all corporate now)

Also sometimes things fall through the search engine gaps, and threads need to be re-started just to keep the turnove of info happening. When I was doing the restoration of the site I was amazed at how far the hobby has come, and how things we thought would be ‘nice’ 2 years ago are becoming relaity today!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

yeah, welcome to the club people’s!!:smiley2:
      on this site alone you’ll learn everything you need to know regarding modifying, customising racing and even torturing your bit’s and clones! there’s also a healthy larger scale rc following here so take the time to browse through the forums and ask any questions you have, no matter how lame you think they are! and we all learn new things from each other regardless of skill level, so tell us about anything exciting you’re doing in your private laboratories!! see ya ’round:shy::8ball:

leonli17
      Participant

I think none of the newbies respond to this topic yet. only the old memebers being talking in this topic. Lol

Admin
      Participant

Ok, I’ll bite. I’m not an electronics guru, but if it’s custom chassis, body mods, I’ve got some skills. I think I’ll use my time here to learn the ‘lectric side of the hobby from the masters……..thanks for havin meh.

Ogier
      Participant

Hi all, I’ll use this thread as an intro post 🙂

My name is Graham and I’ve had a 1/8 Nitro buggy for a few years now and first saw AusMicro being spammed across the other RC sites I frequented 🙂
      I checked it out and learnt that Mini-zs existed, but that’s as far as it went.

Now this week, a bunch of us at work have bought an iWaver each and are having demolition derbies after hours. 😀

So I’ve signed up to learn modding tips, spare parts sources and especially I’d like to convert my iWaver to a 27MHz FM receiver to use with my old JR radio.

See you around!
      Oggy.

Keymaster

Oggy, in a few weeks the new generation IW 27Mhz FM gear will be out. Complete with digital Tx etc.

There’s probably a good chance the board could transplant..

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Ogier
      Participant

Cool! I checked the iwaver website and found this:
      intr01_rece.jpg

Keymaster

Yeah that’s the basic info. We’re _still_ waiting for our shipment to come…

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Ka_Bluey
      Participant

Hey all, im a nOOb here, just joined tonight. Looks like a really good site, looking forward to some good help.

What would you guys think of making a jokes/humor section??

Keymaster

Welcome aboard!

You’re more than welcome to post jokes/humor in the General chat forum, it’s basically a social friendly free-for-all…

🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

bigmike17
      Participant

Hi. I have visted this site a few times in the past and I thought I would sign up. I’m a Engineering Designer by profession, but a big kid at heart (48 yrs young). I have been in the hobby for about 3 years now, and I have a few xmods, both Gen1 and Evo, and some Mini- zs (2 MR-01, 1 MR-02, and 1 MR-010). I also have one Iwaver 02 that I use as a test mule and beater. The best thing I like about this site is being able to get a fresh prospective from the otherside of the world. There is some real good info here.

Regards,

BM17
      :beer:

betty.k
      Participant

cheers mike, glad to have you on board! :topstuff: :8ball:

Renton
      Participant

im brand spanking new

ordered my first mini-z last night and joined the forum tonight

it would appear there is an absolute stack for me to learn and i cant wait

oh hurry up and get to me car

mini-g
      Participant

where you from renton???
      welcome to ausmicro.

Renton
      Participant

cheers mini-g

im from Newcastle. Home of the Knights and Mark Richards

Admin
      Participant

Hai to all. I am Bindu, new member of this site. I am from kerala, popularly known as God’s own country. I am very happy to visit this site. Come on and enjoy by visiting this site.

TallduDe
      Participant

@aarathi 226783 wrote:

Hai to all. I am Bindu, new member of this site. I am from kerala, popularly known as God’s own country. I am very happy to visit this site. Come on and enjoy by visiting this site.

okay where is that?

btw Welcome

betty.k
      Participant

i’m thinking we got a spambot, stay away from those sig links:smiley2: :8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

@TallduDe 226791 wrote:

okay where is that?

btw Welcome

kerala is in india.

and betty is right, these posts are all freindly but hve nothing to do with rc.

Admin
      Participant

Hello all
      I am new here.I am sreeja.I am from India.Nice to meet you all.This forum looks nice.Hope i can enjoy stay.

Admin
      Participant

Hey Guys how you all been? Its been a while since i last visited this site but after getting back into RC recently i decided to rejoin. Alot has changed since the last time a member im now working as an electrician working all over australia, got married i now have a beautiful baby girl and just recently bought house. Since selling all my old RC the only thing im left with were my 2mini Z. But just recently i bought a 1/8th scale gas buggy which started my hobby all over again. I then got my 2 Xray babies a M18 Pro and 1/10 T1. Im really looking foward to getting back into racing again hope to see some of the old boys again………..!!!!:smiley16: :beer:

kevsta
      Participant

Hi, Good to see you back again 🙂 We were wondering where you went to, as all of a sudden, you disappeared from the forums.

A lot of the Sydney crowd don’t post here anymore and it seems like the forums are pretty dead with the odd visitor every now and then.

z-beam
      Participant

i check in every week… but kev is pretty much right 🙁

icebreaka
      Participant

I want to get back into Mini-z’s .. :S Hmm tax time is on the way soon :smiley14:

Renton
      Participant

mmmm tax time

K-Rudd will be driving mini z’s around once hes done with me no doubt

blurrc
      Participant

Hi im new (no darr)
      Anyways i have been reading around on this forum a little and i thought i better join seeing you guys seem pretty helpful when it comes to R/C cars

These are my current rides:
      Char-g – Rx7
      Q-steer – AE86 (initial d)
      Q-steer – Rx7 (initial d)
      Super Slicks – Skyline
      Tyco Dune Devil

As you can see there really aint anything that special in the list:o but i thinking of buying something a bit more serious at some point seeing i have a bit of money form birthday/christmas

anyway hi

Admin
      Participant

Hey all,

My name is Brett, i enjoy RC anything!

I draw RC things on my PC and I’m a kid at heart!

I have two Tamiya cars, an original “Boomerang” and a TL-01 tourer.
      I use Technisport DSSS 2.4GHz radio gear, the RX is so small it fits in almost anything. (sugar cube anyone) 😀

I have been offered a Firelap Nanoracer 2 complete RTR for $70.

Is that a good price?

I have built some nice backyard tracks and I can show you how! Just ask me!

Here are some pictures of an experimental mini capet racer, an MX bike and a Track design i drew on the computer. Hope you enjoy them!

Cheers, Brett. :smiley9:

Admin
      Participant

Is there an english version available?

There is probably a wealth of information there but i don’t knowhow to read arabic, is it?

Post links to some RC pictures on the site, everyone likes a picture.

Cheers, Brett. :beer:

blurrc
      Participant

Hey man and welcome to ausmicro.
      Unfortunetly things have been rather slow lately so please bare with us it should come around sooner or later.

Nice drawings and I like the track design, would love to see some of those backyard race tracks.

Seeya, Blur.

Admin
      Participant

Did you say pics!

Hey blurrc,

Here are some of my tracks and another bike drawing.:D .

Cheers, Brett. :beer:

blurrc
      Participant

Wow those are amazing. I didn’t think that would be how you made them, very clever.

Although you have a nice lawn and a fairly large flat area, it’s almost as if it was made for that lol. I would imagine that your lawn grows fairly quickly so is that a problem maintenance wise?

Seeya, Blur.

Admin
      Participant

The large track is on council land. Once a month they come and mow it for me 😉 .

Once a month I mow the track again! :smiley15:

The old track in my backyard is gone now, 2 months after i made it and there is no sign of a track ever being there.

If you want to know more about track building, check this out!

http://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16415

I have used this method for lots of tracks so i thought i should share it!

Cheers, Brett. 😀

blurrc
      Participant

Is it just me or did this site crash? Well anyway its back now so I guess I don’t have to go sulk about losing it lol.

betty.k
      Participant

yes, the site was down but seems like we’re back. :8ball:

jimmy
      Participant

i, like betty have been learing to fly helis lately so mostly been on rcgroups
      but hows everyone going long time no see

MrNanoTrax
      Participant

hi, I’m Q’on from NanoTrax, Pattaya… we’re now racing the dNaNo & Mini-Z. i hope its ok if i stop by and chat with u guys evey now & then

betty.k
      Participant

sure thing nano, and feel free to show us some pics of your rides! :8ball:

spongebag
      Participant

hi to all..am new to this hobby, hope i can learn more from this site…
      thanks

whtang
      Participant

g’day spongebag.. where abouts are you? some of us on the forum are in australia.. some are overseas.. I’m based in Melbourne, Australia.

do you race 1:28 scale? (mini-Z/iwaver?) We’ll be organising a race soon.. will post details later.

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Big WELCOME to all Newcomers!!’ is closed to new replies.