BigLots $5.00 Clones…..

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      DarkTari
      Participant

What would happen if you gave a 1st time body modder like DarkTari a $5.00 Clone like this…
      Before.jpg

He would turn it into a Totally Pimpin Azz Sled !

Aussie Pimps, From the DarkTari Collection, I give you…..

Crystal Blu Persuasion ….
      CBP2.jpg
      CBP3.jpg
      CBP4.jpg

barto_85
      Participant

that is a great transformation. good job.

DaveF
      Participant

Top job man!

TallduDe
      Participant

nice very nice.

what tools do you use to create those bodies man?

looks real professional :smiley16:

RacerX
      Participant

sweet ride nice colour is the grill a bunch of stapels?

Trackmaster
      Participant

Holy sh*t!

Nice work! That?s a real transformer *lol*

/Trackmaster

M_Coupe
      Participant

I’ve been looking for a way to make a ‘Front Mount Intercooler’ for my Scooby STi and whatever you did to that clone came out SHARP. Is that a bunch of staples?

I was thinking about using some of the metal screening that I through in my Lancer window for the Race net, but I couldn’t get it to turn out half as nice as the grill work on your car. (The Lancer is currently on display in my AUS gallery.)

DarkTari
      Participant

Thanx guys for the props!

TallduDe:
      No special tools, just an X-acto knife, Micro files and sand paper. This was very easy to do, at least for me. Sinned gave us a tutorial over in Da Hood and I took to it like a duck to water.

RacerX / M Coupe:
      That is a bunch of staples but not made for the grill, it’s actually an Inter-Cooler for the twin turbo (lol). If you want a good idea for a grill, I just got one from Geisem & Sinned….

16860_Spritzschutz_engl.jpg Lueftung1.jpg

The screen is very tiny, enough to keep grease from splattering so it should work great!

Edited by – DarkTari on 28 August 2003 05:30:59

Prowler3
      Participant

DARKTARI!!!!!! what did you use to build up the body kit??? i love the front bar and sideskirts. i might try it myself when i get some info. I love the intercooler idea!!!!! does it fit on a char g???

barto_85
      Participant

I’m sure you could find the right size staples to fit on a char g.

Prowler3
      Participant

let me rephrase that post:

1) how did you make the body kit?
      2) does the body shell fit on a bit char-g??
      3) Good job on the intercooler
      4) did you paint over the original paint work

z-beam
      Participant

very nice indeed…..

Impreza
      Participant

DarkTari, do you have pics of your mod progress??
      Nice work btw.:p

barto_85
      Participant

here is a quote by DT from BitPimps:
      “Wish I had taken PICs of the process for a Tuit but as you know this came from the Book Of Sinned 101, I give him mad props for sharing this mod.”

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks barto, you are, as always, right on top of things;)

barto_85
      Participant

I do my best.

oxhadokenxo
      Participant

I bought one of these Big Lots clones yesterday, and my brother did too for $5. They are very fast and control much better than my Shen Qi Wei. The stickers and everything are horrible. Mine was the blue SUV and it had stickers with like splashed paint effect in yellow on them..but the stickers were the same ones that came on my brothers red suv so the background was red..So I had a blue SUV with stickers that had a yellow splash effect and red background..the stickers came off within the first few minutes and the stickers pull easily..unlike the Shen Qi Wei’s stickers. I’m probably gonna go back and buy some more so I’ll have extra parts in case I decide to do a dual cell mod and if I ever gather the experience to do the Fet mod I can…I think it’s the FET mod..They seem to be great for the price but mine goes much much faster than my brothers straight out of the box..I don’t know why. Also I had some problems with when I took the motor out the metal peiece that make contact with the motor weren’t bent right to hold the motor..so when I took the motor out and put it back in it wouldn’t work so I had to take a knife and bend those back up around the motor and it worked fine. As far as changing bodies, I’m not sure you can..it looks like the little pieces of plastic that hold the body down are too long..you could probably shave them off a little and it would work but I’m not sure.
      Now I just need to find some paint to repaint this thing.

DarkTari
      Participant

let me rephrase that post:

1) how did you make the body kit?
      Here is Sinned’s Body Mod Tutorial
      http://549.rapidforum.com/topic=101684407319

2) does the body shell fit on a bit char-g??
      Not too well. the TC chassis tabs are just slightly longer. The TC chassis is good quality so you wouldn’t need another one.

3) Good job on the intercooler
      Thanx! They are standard 1″ staples

4) did you paint over the original paint work
      I primered it first as I always do, then painted, then detailed, then clear coated.

Prowler3
      Participant

thanks. ill get myself a cheapy and try something!

thanx

Prowler3
      Participant

I did use a translator, but i couldnt understand the ‘pigeonised english’. Can u just say, darktari,what u used for the body kit and how u attatched it.

Trackmaster
      Participant

I don?t know exactly what parts you mean, but the lowest parts of the bodykit are cut from plastic credit cards (or similar) and then glued to the body. Quite simple I think, but the result is fantastic!

/Trackmaster

DarkTari
      Participant
      Quote:
      I did use a translator, but i couldnt understand the ‘pigeonised english’. Can u just say, darktari,what u used for the body kit and how u attatched it.

I used a material called Styrene. For the kit I used 0.60 Styrene, it comes in several thicknesses. There are a few different materials that can be used:

Butyrate: Optically clear, easily cut, dimensionally stable. Great for model window glazing.

Styrene: Multipurpose high-strength opaque plastic. Excellent for structure walls and roofs.

Vivak: Multipurpose high-strength clear plastic. Use for forming airplane canopies.

Polycarbonate: An unbreakable, high-temperature plastic. Ideal for forming engine cowls.

http://www.micromark.com/

search under Styrene.

You can use old credit cards (I use for tab lowering) but it’s hard to cut with precision, styrene is a LOT easier to work with. Parts are attached with any brand Super Glue (a modders bect friend) !

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.