Bilbo's Pro-Pulse PRO-T100

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Bilbo's Pro-Pulse PRO-T100

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      BilboFOL
      Participant

I’ve been working on the Pro-Pulse T100 and did some work to the wife’s B100 too.

I put on the slick (yeah right slicks, don’t make me laugh) tires and used Losi body clips with a 90 degree bend to attach the body.

T100-1.jpg

But it’s it’s under the body that the changes are apparent.

I relocated the speed control and receiver. I put the speed control between the motor and the servo (in the spot where the saddle part of the battery would go if I was using the dual motor setup.) I added a 3racing mount for the longer antenna tube (Trinity I think.) I also added Deans connectors to the 1400mah battery and the motor, shortening the wires in the process. I also made an adapter so I can charge the deans plugged batteries on my Prophet Plus LCD charger.

T100-2.jpg

The Receiver was moved over to hang off on the battery side of the upper chassis brace.

T100-3.jpg

But I had to notch the battery hold down for easier removal. I reinforced it with a piece of styrene. See the white line on the hold down.

T100-4.jpg

I think the shortened wires neatens up the truck and putting the speed control on the chassis instead of the upper brace should lower the CG.

I didn’t take pictures of the wife’s buggy but I put a standard HPI mini plug on her battery and ESC so she can use her batteries from her Vendetta and Mini Quake in her Pro-Pulse. The added benefit is that she can charge the batteries on her charger.

Now I’m finally finished with the new body for my little Pro-Pulse, ProLine Hummer SUT for Mini-T.

I had a few problems with it during detailing but it looks OK.

The original plan was to use some old water slide decals I had sitting around but decade old decals didn’t stick like I wanted.

The first couple of shots is before I went crazy with the decals.

HummerSUT1.jpg
      HummerSUT2.jpg

I mixed a dot of black with the red to make the darker hue. It was intended to use some old decals, Black Flag Insect Repellent. While putting the decals one they didn’t want to stay down. I’ve used these on lexan bodies before and didn’t have a problem but after a decade (probably longer) the glue didn’t hold. The numbers are from a newer set of decals I had.

So I went through the decal/sticker bag and found something I thought would look good. Raybestos Brakes

HummerSUT3.jpg

But then another problem, the word Raybestos for the hood decal was red. I didn’t think it would look good against the darker red. So I pulled out some yellow film (covering for RC airplanes I used on slot cars years ago) and make an oval to be the background of the decal.

HummerSUT4.jpg
      HummerSUT5.jpg
      HummerSUT6.jpg

Hope you like.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      diehard
      Participant

with that hummer shell on it it looks tuff.

BilboFOL
      Participant

The added benefit is that the body looks bigger than stock but in reality it doesn’t sit as high in the air. I’m going to be checking handling on the track in a few days.

BilboFOL
      Participant

Well I didn’t like the way the hood decal looked (and neither did some others) so I decided to fix it.

HummerSUT7.jpg

I’m probably going to put the high speed motor in the truck and possibly gear it for real high speed (15/53) for a few runs. But since I race on a short track that may not be benificial.

klims
      Participant

exactly what car/model is this thing?

BilboFOL
      Participant

It’s Called a Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 in America, available only through the Radio Shack Stores here. It is made by a company called Megatech, I don’t know if they have released it world wide.

The truck (or buggy PRO-B100) is only $99.99 USD without batteries or charger. You can use the flat pack batteries from the RC18T (it’s a copy of the RC18T) and the stick battery pack will fit but you have to change out the connectors.

Radio Shack did have a sale about a month ago for the vehicle, battery and charger, tires and bumper kit for $99.95, the wife and I got ours at that time.

I’ve seen refurbished ones on eBay for $49.95 plus shipping.

klims
      Participant

awesome! how big are they? how well do the run on the road? i’m kinda getting over the whole super micro thing because the roads in my area a sh!thouse!

BilboFOL
      Participant

They are 18th scale, a copy of the Team Associated RC18 series. I’ve run mine on carpet and a dusty concrete back alley. They will run on dirt but you will have to watch the gears, as with the RC18’s they don’t have a cover on them and will pick up dirt.

RS in the states has a bundle on sale for $99.95 (USD) for a Buggy or Truck, 1200mah battery and overnight charger, tires, bumper set and high speed motor. If you have friends in the states they can get it and ship it to you, or you can check and see if Radio Shack’s web site will ship to you. Check the weekly ad for the bundle price.

klims
      Participant

strangely enough my cousin just told me he will be going in 1 month! yessssss

BilboFOL
      Participant

The current sale may be over by then, but RS may have it again.

klims
      Participant

hmm…. i guess i’m gonna have to risk it since i don’t know anyone that lives in the states.

where did you get the hummer shell from? the stock one looks pathetic!

thanks for all the info th bilboFOL!

BilboFOL
      Participant

@klims 226074 wrote:

hmm…. i guess i’m gonna have to risk it since i don’t know anyone that lives in the states.

where did you get the hummer shell from? the stock one looks pathetic!

thanks for all the info th bilboFOL!

The stock shell is Fugly.

The hummer is ProLine’s Hummer SUT for the Mini-T, the wheel wells don’t match up exactly but I don’t mind it. Most guys seem to install bodies for the RC18T, but the RC18MT bodies will fit better.

The plus that many RC18 parts will fit the Pro-Pulse (some will need a little modification.) My next thing for the PRO-T100 may be 10th scale sedan rims. If you have a Pro-Pulse and want to run the sedan rims you will need a hex adapter and with most of them you will also need RC18T stub axles. But I found out that the RC18 Hex adapters from Driven Productions (available from the toyz) will work with the Pro-Pulse axles.

klims
      Participant

this is weird…. ended up not going for the pro-pulse but some cheap china knock off of a buggy. check it out. look familiar at all?????

BilboFOL
      Participant

@klims 226253 wrote:

this is weird…. ended up not going for the pro-pulse but some cheap china knock off of a buggy. check it out. look familiar at all?????

I’ve seen them on eBay but the shipping costs were wicked. They made it look a little like kyoshos Mini Inferno not Associated RC18B.

klims
      Participant

the chassis is exactly the same!
      only difference i can tell from the pictures is the tie rods look a little different and the pro-pulse has a bumper, and the shocks too.

what do the insude of the wheels look like? i mean how is the power transferred to the wheels? is it a hex nut or something else?

BilboFOL
      Participant

The tie rod positions are the same as the RC18.

Pin though the axle just like the RC18’s

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.