bit char + digi tank + rotating turret

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      b_drift
      Participant

i just got 2 of these tanks that are pretty interesting. the insides look like BGC boards BUT the turret also has remote control rotating and the tank also has a sensor and gun for IR battles.
      this is pretty damn cool.

the cons: cheap looking(but very good for a generic), IR sensor is front mounted and only lights up when hit. also the sensor is too sensitive. still very worth the money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3129199819&category=2565

gonna try to integrate this into a regular bit. b

b_drift
      Participant

upon closer inspection. the shell comes off just like a regular BCG. infact the chassis should mount a normal shell. the GUTS is basically 2 boards. one for the normal BCG stuff and another for the turret and IR stuff. hmm. the turret is a 2nd actual BCG sized motor driving a screw type mech like the digi-Q combat. oooh boy. if i can figure out how to make it snap back to center everytime, can you say proportional steering(kinda).

at least all this should fit under a BCG bus body. b

barto_85
      Participant

sounds like fun, when’s your first war?

barto_85
      Participant

z-beam should install one of those laser type things in his gun for his Bb.

z-beam
      Participant

i know a few 1/72 scale military tanks that would supply realistic details(and shells) have a look b-drift if you want a better look.

how good is the hit sensor? does a shot from the side hit if you are close enough?

barto, that bb is loaded to the max. i dont think it’d take any more(without getting a dualcell):smiley2:

barto_85
      Participant

haha yeah, fair enough.

Pcain
      Participant

Wow. That is very interesting. Would they provide enough fun for just messing around on a school table? I need something to do during spares. I was interested in tanks a few months back but found that i couldnt afford them. Does it have like a game mode where you get a certain amount of shots or anything of that matter? If you could email me with Info about these babies that would be very appreicated. 🙂

Cheers
      Chris

hot_fun01@hotmail.com

check out my thread i got some stuff for sale 🙂

b_drift
      Participant

barto: sorry, but the digi-qs are better for war as they are more accurate.

z-beam: actually, i wanted to use the boards in my BCG bus and try something different. anyone got extra bus shells?

pcain: no game modes. the led on top lights up when hit. thats it. also, the sensor is way too sensitive as a tank aiming 45deg away can hit it. maybe recessing the IR led in the barrell might help. it is basically a BCG with a rotating turret and IR fighting. smooth running as a BCG, but not accurate enough to have a serious game of war. BUT the other uses of the rotating turret is endless.

b

b_drift
      Participant

another way of looking at this is a bit char with a extra motor controller that runs independent of the first.

possibilities:

-2 motor bit char, where the 2nd motor(controlled by another button) can be geared for low end or high end.

-some steering possibilities

-finally my helicopter idea

-or plane idea. (yes i saw the micro plane already, but it seemed to take alot of mods)

b

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.