Bit Char-G in latest Kmart catalog

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

page 17 of the latest catalog for the Kmart sale commencing sat 13th july to the 19th.

there is a picture of the blue r34 priced at $44.84

it’s got a box completely in english, would this still have the 2.2 motor in it ?

has anyone actually seen any in stock yet ??

Admin
      Participant

OMG! WIll bolt up to the K-Mart near work today and see what’s there….

Thank you for the heads-up!!

Derek

PS Welcome to ausmicro.com :smiley2:

Admin
      Participant

Oh…for what it’s worth…..

No sign of them at KMart Parramatta Westfields.

Bugger. Will try to get hold of one tomorrow for a review.

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Just thought I’d post my findings in this section too.

Hi there, I bought my Char-G at Kmart Garden City, WA for $49.89 yesterday. Looked all over WA and found only 2 at this outlet. Got the silver S2000, left the yellow one on the shelf. I am looking for Mario or the WRX. Would appriciate to know if anyone has sighted more of these babies in WA.

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

sweet !

I wonder how long the yellow one will stay on the shelf for, i’m going into Perth city tomorrow to check if there are any around at eitherToys-R-Us, Targetor the Perth Hobby Shop. Will update with details of our search 🙂

Admin
      Participant

Been there done that, mate! Hope u have better luck 2day!

Admin
      Participant

(after a conversation with a kmart toy personel) apparently there are only 2 models available so far in series 1 for Australia (Compact Char-g), the Skyline and the S2000, with varying colours… no accessories either. also, my girlfriend wasnt able to determine from the package what type of motor it had in it.. strange. lol.. got her to layby one of each for me..

cheers.

Admin
      Participant

Which K-mart shop did you buy them from Djinn? I’ve been looking all over several K-marts and Toys r’ us stores without sucess… Can anyone help me out?

Admin
      Participant

lol.. sorry Willie.. my girlfriend got them from Albury (country NSW)… i havent had much luck here in Sydney either.. i also checked out Parramatta Westfields like Derek… no luck.. seems the remote areas are the first to be getting them.. (not trying to be offensive btw).

Cheers.

leadhead2001
      Participant

-color: #3A6EA5; scrollbar-arrow-color: #3A6EA5; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #3A6EA5; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #3A6EA5;} –> got one! there in the bendigo K-mart. I got a blue skyline (40MHz) the color of the motor is green. please tell me what size this motor is!

Admin
      Participant

my girlfriend reports that the motor colour she saw was white…. this is weird.. i guess the Australian motor speeds correspond to different colours than the Bit Char-g’s. I guess a comparison will have to be done if there is no documentation…

oh.. and just like the AmericanHobbico Microsizers, there are only two frequencies: 27Mhz and 40Mhz. (the top corner of the box says TOMY then under it: Microsizers.. no mention of Hobbico)… the american hobbico microsizers are in the 27Mhz and 49Mhz frequencies..i guess now that means we have a total of 6 frequencies in the “official” bit range..

27Mhz, 35Mhz, 40Mhz, 45Mhz, 49Mhz and57Mhz.

6 in a race? whoohoo!

Cheers.

Admin
      Participant

we managed to find a blue r34 one in k-mart in carousel today, it was the last of how every many they had. We bought it sorry 😛

K-mart staff were unable to tell me where any others were located throughout all of their branches.

Toys-R-Us in Perth City also has none of them, neither did K-Mart at the Galleria in morley. We tried K-Mart in Maddington, but it closed a few minutes before we got there 🙁

Admin
      Participant

Gd on ya Guyver, I’m looking to get another one for my gf.The KMartpersonel I spoke to said he wasn’t sure when they were coming in at Morley. Wonder why they have it in the catalogue but not in the store!!

I’m also making a track with thin MDF which I bought from bunnings for $2.50.Grip is good and it’s cheap!!!

cheers

Admin
      Participant

has anybody seen bit char-g in sydney near liverpool

Admin
      Participant

I saw a commercial for the Char-G on Friday morning in amongst the kiddie shows, and I bought one the very same day at KMart, Broadway (NSW) for about $49. I got a blue Skyline GT-R, and there were 3 left – 2 Honda S2000 and another Skyline, IIRC.

Admin
      Participant

Got two of them today – both 27 MHZ – in canberra.

I was a bit of a tightarse – I went on friday night – they had 12 in stock then – however I decided to wait until today to purchase – as they are in the catalouge for 44.89……..guess what – I got the last two!! I was there at 9am !!

There are currently only two cars – the Skyline in BLUE AND WHITE – and the HONDA S2000 – in silver and yellow. Blue and yellow are both 40 MHZ – the silver and white are 27 MHZ.

The motors supplied are the yellow endbell 2.6 (I think that is right)………

All I can say is that they SMOKE – very quick – and the steering is far superior to the other 4 cars I have (two oem’s – and two tomy)……

Just why they are better than the other two Japanese sourced genuine tomy’s is I dont know – the magnets in the steering are VERY strong compared to my other two……strange.

All I can say is is that they are just awesome – and worth every cent !! Now we dont have to worry about international shipping or customs……..

Given the sellout so quickly of these cars – I am sure that there will be many more models to choose from…….at my local KMART – there were 25 other customers on the waiting list when I went back later in the day to place another “order”……

Cheers

Darryn

Admin
      Participant

Correction – the motor is the yellow end bell – the 2.2 I beleive.

sorry for any confusion !!

Darryn

Admin
      Participant

Great news! I finally found them after looking for several days, there were a whole bunch of them (about 12 I think) at K-mart Bankstown, but for some strange reason they were located behind the lay-by counter, instead of on the toy shelves.

I saw them from a distance after thinking that I wouldn’t find them again, and there they were! Gleaming!

So, I bought that Honda S2000 (silver) after looking at both (there were only two: The S2000 in silver or yellow and the blue or white Skyline GT-R) for long while.

I’m so happy I finally found it!! But there is a slight problem with mine, I don’t know about the others. Sometimes when I try to reverse, it just doesn’t work, it *looks like* it’s trying to revere, but it just doesn’t and going forward works fine. What’s weird is that everything works perfectly if i race it around without the fancy shell, but once i put it back on, the probelem is back. Also, when it actually does reverse, it usually stutters. I”ll have to post this in the technical section.

So the moral to this story is, if you look hard enough you’ll find what you want (i.e. look on the back wall behind the layby counter at your local K-mart)!

Admin
      Participant

Stay tuned, guys.

Just writing a mini-review of the Aussie Compact Char-G now.

Derek

leadhead2001
      Participant

if anyone is looking around the melbourne area for one there were two (silver S2000 ans white Skyline) at eastland K-mart

Admin
      Participant

Hi guys, sorry about my previous comments.. there isnt a “white” coloured motor… my girlfriend must be colour blind.. lol.

oh by the way, Derek… Parramatta Westfields K-Mart… i found aCompact Char-g!! its pretty funny actually,there was only one and the box had been opened and someone had stolen the tyres and the shell.. the motor and chasis were still there, funny since they are the best parts.. especially after reading the above posts(they are apparently better than the Bit Char-g’s..) if only for spare superior parts… the thief must of been stupid.

hopefully they will restock soon… only saw the one “ravaged” box.

Cheers….

Admin
      Participant

Djinn

You must have felt like a cowboy approaching the vulture-pecked carcass of a head of cattle!

Will have a look at the Parramatta store again later this week (I work only a 15min walk away from their).

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Ello,

Anyone else looking for them in the west end of Melbourne — there’s a couple left (both colours of the Skyline and S2000) at the Werribee Kmart.

Just picked up the silver S2000 and blue Skyline and both of them are great!

Cheers,

jammer

Admin
      Participant

WA update: KMart Belmont – 2 white R34, 1 yellow S2000

Screw the distributors for making them available at Kmart only. Don’t they know those babies are hot???

cheers

Admin
      Participant

WA update : Rockingham K-mart had 12 (I think they come in boxes of 12) and have 1 left now, it’s a white GTR, we bought the rest for friends, and one of the carsdied so I swapped it over.

Armadale K-Mart also has a few in stock, they were unable to tell me which ones they were on the phone as they sounded quite busy.

I also enquired at Toyworld in rockingham, and they said they will not be stocking them, so I doubt any of the other Toyworlds will get them.

Admin
      Participant

Hey Everybody,

There is about 10 on the shelf at K-Mart Bankstown Square.

Hey Derek,you forgot to check good old Bankstown.LOL.

I got myself a 40MHz Blue Skyline.As you can see in my new sig.

The car itself is ok,But the motor is a little slower than my other 2.2 motor.

So i swapped them and the new Compact Char-G 2.2 motor is still slower in my Booster car.

Anyway i hope to bring the wolrd as soon as i can get hold of digital camera,

A picture of my exellent self painted Flouro Green Skyline.

See Ya.

Admin
      Participant

I just traded in my defective (short range and very weak and unreliable reversing) silver Honda S2000 for a yellow one instead at K-Mart Banktsown Square. I’m so glad i did that cause this yellow one rocks! The range is incredible (didn’t get to the limit but definitely over 9 metres) and it doesn’t have any problems reversing.

So while I was there I tried it out in front of K-mart, and was immediatly confronted with “oh, that’s so cute” (from a young teenage girl) and “excuse me, where did you buy that” from a spoilt little boy. there should still be about 3 left at K-mart Bankstown square (behind the lay-by counter), there was about 12 two days ago, so these things are definiely hot! Hope JNH will realise how popular they are get some more down here.

Admin
      Participant

Hi if anybody is looking in the sydney area Kmart casula has plenty and they come in every week

Vimal

Admin
      Participant

Hi all.

I’ve now gone through 2 x Blue Nissan Skyline GT-R Australian models from K-Mart….

The first one would not reverse reliably. you’d have to go forward a bit, and then reverse would kick-in.. from stand-still, reverse would not even budge! That was returned today 16-7-2002.

I got another one from K-Mart today and this one ROCKS in reverse, but when going forward, or steering, it stutters as if there’s inteference… Can’t think of why – considering it’s 40MHz like the one ipreviously had. This one’s going back tomorrow, unless I can get some sort of feedback as to why it’s dodgy like this..

I’m looking to import a Japanese model on the 4-band frequency. My mates have the imported models and they ROCK! with no problems.. I’d appreciate any feedback.

Owen.

Admin
      Participant

My blue R34 doesn’t charge properly and the body is flimsy compared to my S2000. I’m gonna go for jap imports from now on. Anyone has the Mario for sale down under?

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

Hey Owen, I had the EXACT same problem as you (poor reversing) on my silver Honda S2000, as well as poor transmitter range. So i swapped it back and got a yellow S2000 instead and it’s GREAT!

Admin
      Participant

I just got me a silver S-2000 at Southland K-Mart (south of Melbourne). Last one they had, as of Wednesday. No problems at all with it.

Admin
      Participant

Gents (and ladies if there are any on the forum), wasn’t sure which thread to post this to, but figured this one was more appropirate than the “The Australian Compact Char-G Arrives”.

Following Derek’s lead and my decision to stop lerking around here and actually buy a car, I got on the phone and rang around local (for me) KMART’s to find 1 in stock in Chatswood(out of 4 stores,different to Derek’s), however, judging from the interest I generated with the inquiry, I think the sales guy I spoke to was going to buy it himself :smiley1:).

So . . . I emailed JNH to find out where to get em . . . now !

In summary the response was that Toys-R-Us and Big W have been supplied with stock and independent Toy World & Toy Kingdom stores in Sydney would be receiving stock over the next few weeks.

Admin
      Participant

That’s great news! Wonder when Toys r’ us will be getting them…

Admin
      Participant

kmart campbelltown has 1 silver s2000 left….. cause i took a white gtr and a yellow s2000 🙂

to those having probs….

my s2000 wouldnt go forward and wouldnt go reverse reliably. I found that the shell was rubbing on the rear wheel so with some minor mods it works great now 🙂

been chasing the dog with it 😀

Admin
      Participant

Well, like Andrew said, the Compact Char-Gs are now available at Toys r Us!

I saw them today at toys r us in Westfield Hurstville (Sydney), it looks like people have already bought alot of them, and they were in a backet at the fron of the store going for $50 each.

This’ll definitely help boosts it’s popularity, how could any small kids walking into Toys r Us resist such a cool toy!?

Admin
      Participant

are they selling the same models as kmart?

Admin
      Participant

Yes, no new cars yet.

avoid the noid
      Participant

hmmmmm are they the REAL BIT CHAR-G or fake? ill have to check the oklahoma kmart some told me that there are alot of fakes at the mall right now hmmmmmmm fifty bucks for a bit i can get them for less at toyeast

Admin
      Participant

NO Bits at Kmart in the US. Sorry guy. This thread pertains to australia only. Look for Microsizers in the US, not Compact Char-G.

avoid the noid
      Participant

hahah im so out of it sorry i forgot i get kinda zoned out when you have to work all day and put up with so much crap that it makes you sick

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.