Bit Char-g SWITHC MOD

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Someone suggested a switch. GREAT IDEA! The batteries are allowed to run down dangerously low without a switch. I?m surprised more cells aren?t killed because of this. I couldn?t find a switch small enough that I like so I got a 8 position dip switch make for PC mount (Radio Shack # 275-1301). This a one piece module with 8 tiny switches. I took my dremel with a cut of wheel and cut right through the middle of the second switch leaving the last one detached and functional. Then I desoldered the black wire that runs from the battery negative to the corner of the PC board. I desoldered it at the PC board not the battery terminal and soldered that wire to one side of the switch. Then ran a wire from the other side of the switch to the PC board where I just desoldered the black wire and that?s it. I glued the switch to the top of the plastic PC board cover to make it look neat and I was all done. Didn?t take but 10 minutes.

http://www.geocities.com/pfabersac/bitswitch.html

-Peter

Admin
      Participant

Good idea with the dip switch. I had the same idea, but they come in blocks of 4 switches at least. Good idea to cut them apart. I guess you end up destroying some, but I guess you can get at least 4 switches from a single 8 switch block.

Another benefit of having an on/off switch is that you can charge one car while using another with the same frequency if it is wired properly (still need the battery connected to the charging points).

Admin
      Participant

me me me me. woohoo. i made a useful contribution to this board!!!! hey prabbit. since you seem to be a good electronics person, can you figure out what 2 points on the car connect to the receiver crystal so that we can put a baby crystal holder and use futaba crystals or something? when taking apart the multi controller, i saw the crystals and they look like common rc car futaba trans crystals. 4 of them were soldered to the board. this would be the most ultimate mod of all, more frequencies!!!!!!! does it work this way? b

Admin
      Participant

Mmmmmm Just imagine if we could modboosters to have the 40 and 49 MHz frequencies from the Bullets

Admin
      Participant

Yes you can charge while transmitting another car if you wire it like I said. You pretty much can’t go wrong with wiring a switch since the charge tabs on the bottom of the car go directly to the battery without wires. Any wire you decide to split for the switch will allow you to charge while opperating another car on that freq.

I imagine the crystal trick would work for the transmitter but the cars don’t have standard crystals. I haven’t really looked that hard but I’m guessing the car has solid state type microchip processor that determines frequency. and cannot be changed unless reprogrammed. I’m just guessing on that so I’ll look into it.

-Peter

Admin
      Participant

aww. so it wouldn’t be as easy as having 2 open female ends and sticking a crystal between them on the right parts of the board where the processor is? b

Admin
      Participant

No, If indeed it is microprocesser controlled you can’t do that.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.