Bit Char-G vs. Bit Racer

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      M_Coupe
      Participant

I’ve seen a lot of topics mentioning Bit Racer parts fitting on Bit Char-G cars, but I’ve never seen an actual Bit Racer car. Does anyone know of where I could at least see one or what the differances are?

Admin
      Participant

The Bit Racer is one of the predecessors of the Bit Char-G and is a non-remote controlled car that rides around in a track and uses guide wheels for steering. Toyeast has several in the accesories category, but they really sell them as spare parts (sold as rechargeable battery and tire sets).

Admin
      Participant

i woudnt mind getting a bitracer, but it seems like the xpensive part of it is the charger. If you buy a bitracer by itself, its pretty cheap, but the controler adds 10 bucks or something. just for a stinking controler, which probably is only a charger. otherwise, i would by one.

Admin
      Participant

It’s well worth buying the set pictured above if you can get it cheap. You get a spare battery (worth it already) and a set of medium (quite hard actually) tires which fit fine on a Char G.

Apparently you can use the motor cover – why? I don’t know. If you ever wear out your Char G one I suppose it could come in handy :smiley1:

The axle you get can supposedly fit with a lot of fiddling. You could use the wheels – again, why? Better to get the proper Char G set. The gear’s no use. The stickers are compatible :smiley1: and you can use that stupid plastic thing for a wheely bar if you’re keen.

Short story, get it for the battery and if you’d like some different tires to experiment with.

The next set up, the one with the controller is the one you want. With that one you get the added bonus of a yellow 2.0? motor. Well worth it.

Nick.

M_Coupe
      Participant

Thanks for the info. I actually have seen that now that I know what it is, just thought it wasa part replacement kit or something. Seems pretty cheap compared to bit char-gs.

Admin
      Participant

Yes- Bit Racer was the first in TOMY’s “Bit” Hobby line, compared to the Bit Char-G, it’s missing Reciever, antenna, and steering systems. In addition, the controller is nothign more than a battery and charging plate containing no transmitter or controls. Thus the addition of all this radio circuitry makes Bit Char-G more expensive. Bit Char-G is the combination of Bit Racer battery, motor, and chassis techniques with Char-G radio system (A larger RC car TOMY made a few years back) I’m pretty sure that the drive system from the Bit racers can be used on bit char-g but, short of one to try, I’m not certain. Guaranteed, it does use a 3:1 ratio or close, which is much lower than the bit char-g ratios 8, 9, 12 but is a lighter car and more “disposable” so this might explain TOMY’s lower tolerances of QC and design with the bit racer parts as compared to bit char-g parts.

One item of interest to me from the bit char-g setsis a “temperature gague heat sink” which I have not been able to personally get, but I’d love to know if anyone else knows if this is some sort of clip with a color-changing finish or similar that varies with heat

-dan

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.