Bit Char G vs Digi Q

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Ladies and Gentlemen, i know that some of you have both of the Bit- CharG and theDigi Q, i am really debating on which one to get, can you readers post some pros and cons about the two differant types of Mini Racers?

[Subject and “Digi Q” in message body, edited by Derek 15Jul02]

Admin
      Participant

Kampfer

Just wanted to clarify which is the second car you’re referring to.

Is it the Takara Digi Q, Kyosho Mini-Z…or something else entirely?

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Hey Derek thanks for replying

I am actually replying to the Takara Digi Q where the remote controll looks like a gun, and the direction is the wheels.

Admin
      Participant

digi q is much faster if you are looking for speed

Admin
      Participant

I can’t recommend one over the other as they each have their hits’n’misses. Perhaps a few points to get you thinking….

• The DigiQ is FASTER and SMALLER than the Bit Char-Gs
      • Bit Char-G charges in 45 SECONDS as opposed to around 10 MINUTES for the Digi Q. FUrthermore, the Bit Char-G is ahead in terms of battery life (especially if using a 2.2 or slower motor)
      • The Digi Q offers proportional steering, however, the Char-G has a better turning circle.
      • Outdoors-too bright sunlight or VERY HOT weather will upset the Q’s infrared system
      • High RF-interference areas can upset the G’s RF system and decrease range
      • Both are upgradeable, however, many more hop-ups available for the Char-G
      • [/list]

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

A 2nd battery on a Bit Char-Gshould see to the see to the problem of the Digi Q being faster :smiley2:

Admin
      Participant

Good call KITT

Digi-Q’s are more expensive. If you get a Bit Char-g anddo the 2 cell conversion you’ll spendthe same amount of $ but you’ll have a bit that goes just as fast a the digi. Then you can spend more $ later and do all the other mods to your bit like tires, suspension bars …

I have both kinds of cars and hardly ever use my digi anymore. It’s harder to control and doesn’t EVER land the jumps that my bit lands every time. My bit can clear an 8″ tall jump and land perfectly on the landing ramp 10″ away. The digi clears the same jump but rolls over about 10 times when it lands. Even small jumps that are only 1″ tall are a problem for it. The bit goes over them and lands on the flat ground just like going over a large speed bump but the digi goes off it and bounces a few times and usually rolls over.

The digi is great for driving on a wide open, flat hard floor like a gymnasium or large hard wood floor kitchen but that’s about it. I prefer to drive the bit in all other situations.

-Peter

Admin
      Participant

Hello all, I’m new here, nice to meet you guys..

I have 2 DigiQ, a Skyline Penzoil and a TT With Propo SPECIAL controller.

This is the difference, the Special Controller. This is what I did:

I did not buy the standard package with one car and one controller, I only bought the 2 cars I wanted without controller and then I bouth a single Controller Propo Special…. this controller is easy to program!!!

Thanks to this controller you can change top speed, Acceleration Curve, Steering amount and brake power. By changing this parameter you can make your cute DigiQ drive a lot better than a digiQ with standard controller.

This cars are very (and I mean very fast). So you need the controller to tune the car to your likeing. if you think the digiQ is hard to control you can change all the above parameter until it fits your skills

I’m getting some Bit Char-g in a few days so I will be abel to compare them, but My friends have some Tomy Bit Char-g.

On speed I raced on open floor a Tomy Bit Char-g with 3.0 Engine and Turbo Controller (which make the Bit Charg even faster then without the turbo).. and guess what, the digiQ didn’t care, the digiQ was much faster.

I also raced on straight lines the digiQ against a 1/32 canned car (the tin car has declared speed of about 5/6 kmh) WIth the DigiQ set at “4” as top speed, the digiQ was slightly slower

Setting for DigiQ at 5 and the DigiQ was slightly faster

Then I modified the tin car to bring it at around 9 Kmh!!! So I set the top speed of the DigiQ to 8 (maximum). The digiQ was FASTER!!!!!!!

If you feel the digiQ is not easy to control in corners, you can get the speed set to under 8 and increase the turning circle… it will help.

Yes the DigiQ takes 10 minutes to charge but it will last for 7 to 15 minutes (the Tomy charges in 45sec and only lasts no more than 3 minutes)BUT NOTE, this is why I bought 2 digiQ, while you conrol one digiQ car you can attach the second car to the conroller to recharge, so when you current car is out of juce you swap it with the other one that has now been charged and keep swapping for ever….

Also the DigiQ (as far as I know) has memory cells without “memory”, so you don’t have to wait full discharge for the car before you charge it again

To master the digiQ controller will take longer than a Bit Char-g, so the bit Charge offers a more immediate satisfaction

I never tryied a DigiQ with a standard controller, I guess it will be hard…

I hope this helps,

Oh yes you can modify the many ChoroQ bodies to fit on a DigiQ, but I have never done it so far and I think it is not a straight forward job… but then again if you want modifiction in bodies as a hobby, you don’t want it to be to easy as simply buying a body and fit it on… that’s too easy eh ehe h (Joke)

Ok, my little impression 🙂 I will tell more when I get my own bit charg…

later guys

SkidMark

Admin
      Participant

SkidMark made some good observations, I currently have a 4 DigiQ cars, 1-Digi Propo and 1 Digi Propo Special on order and should be to me by Aug 1st…Then shortly after my backorder on 2 Skyline GT-R Bit Char-G cars (2.2 motors) will be coming

My new website is now up and running, and when I get my ‘toys’ I’ll be putting my Digital Camera/Camcorder to work and will be posting pics/movies up for all to check out.

I intend to FULLY go through every detail of pro/con of both these babies and will share my findings.

avoid the noid
      Participant

i happen to like my bit char-g over my digiQ because the digiQ is too “smushed” in appearance but they both r fine

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.