Bit Char-Q

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I got my bit char-Q running the other week and tried it on monday. it is pretty cool, and when i turn up the speed with my digi-propo controller, it goes just a hair slower than a digi-Q with just a 2.2 motor. the proportional throttle is good with the new controller, but there seems to be a lag. if the lag is correctable, then i will highly recommend it (for whatever that is worth). pics are at my site in the bit char-Q section. peace b

http://www.endlesswaltz.net/bdrift/bitcharq.htm

Admin
      Participant

Welcome BDrift – it’s great to have you on the forums! Your site was one of the first Char-G sites thatI looked at when I was researching the purchase of my firstBit Char-G!smiley1.gif

Ooops…..carrying on like a starstruck fan :smiley2:

The Char-Q mod has interested me for a while – a couple of quick questions, if I may:

• I know the mod offers proportional throttle – what about proportional steering? Can’t see how, seeing that the Char-G front end is a simple on/off electromagnet system.
      • What is used to cover the new circuit board when it is installed? I’m assuming the standard cover no longer fits?
      • [/list]

Just finally, when I saw this image – http://www.endlesswaltz.net/bdrift/Dscf0073.jpgI just about cried :smiley2:Oh the heartache…..

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

hey, glad i could help.

the BCQ still steers on/off. (it still seems that way) the problem is that the lag between the controller and car makes serious racing difficult. an example is when i come up to a turn, and let off the throttle and turn, the car is actually still accelerating for a second(or fraction) too late and makes the car push, then when the car stops accelerating and the brakes (adjustable) kicks in, the car hooks into the rest of the turn. (due to the unloading of weight to the front) i tried lessening the brakes, but it coasts too far. like i said before, if this hadlittle or nolag, then i would highly recommend it, but for now, i gotta see.

yes, the cover fits, but a little modification is needed. the board sits a little too far to the rear and keeps the little tabs from latching under the chassis. i tried shifting the board and bending the 2 black caps that also push the board back, and got it to fit, but then i noticed i broke the steering wires and proceeded to F up my car from there. good thing i gave my GF a AE86 set, because she gave me her car to do it again. for now, (and probably forever) the board sits under saran wrap taped to the chassis.

the battery lasts as long as a 1.0 motor BCG. and when i turn up the speed, whooa. the thing moves. thank goodness for proportional throttle, but the lag has gots to go. peace b.

ps. nice smooth forum and accompanying sections.

pps. anyone with rally track pics yet?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.