Bit Racer wheel/gear Mod Test

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Impreza
      Participant

This is one example of how we could standardize the tech section mods…

This mod involves using the rear axel, heatsink, motor and gears from a Kit Racer on a Bit Char-g.

The rating for this Mod is a 2 because there is some non-reversible modification involved.[/blue][/font=Arial Black]

Above are the tools required for the mod. They include only a sharp exacto knife, the controller and maybe a small screwdriver.

This is a picture of the unmodified MicroSizer Sport used. Parts from the Kit Racer Energi was used, as well as the heatsink from the MPH/KPH Kit Racer.

After removing the shell, use a small screwdriver to pop up the back tab of the heatsink and remove the existing motor.
      The gear, heatsink and motor with pinon that are going in to the Bit are also shown.

Using the knife cut the plastic hub (indicated in pic) to the same width of the origional Bit axel. Simply line up the axels as show below to judge how much to remove.

An unmodified Kit Racer back axel (lime green gear/no tire) A modified Kit Racer axel (green gear/white tire) and the origional Bit axel (orange gear/black tire).

Using the Bit controller put the larger pinon that comes with the Kit Racers on the Kit Racer motor backwards.

This picture shows the backwards Kit Racer pinon (white) and the pinon size difference.

A tighter fitting heatsink was used from a MPH/KPH Kit Racer. This provides better meshing of the gears.

This is the re-assembled car with the new motor, pinon, heatsink, gears, axel and tires.

Sorry the links to the pics have been removed. Will have to try an find a way to get them back up. If ne1 wants more info on this mod please feel free to pm me:)

Edited by – Impreza on 22 August 2003 15:30:07

Edited by – Impreza on 04 September 2003 00:36:04

Impreza
      Participant

Ok this mod is functional and allows you to use the big gears that come with the Kit Racers. Two things are important to ensure that you have a tight mesh with the gears and pinon; using and reversing the larger white pinon that comes with the Kit Racers and using a tighter fitting heatsink that pushes the motor forward slightly.

This is just a test for the tech section and is by no means finished or the only way to do this. I just thought I would start things off:)

HiCh
      Participant

would it still work if u didnt have the bit racer heatsink?

Impreza
      Participant

Yep, you just have to make sure you get a good mesh with the gears and the pinon. Some clones come with odd shaped heatsinks that would also do the trick.

Impreza
      Participant

Ok, I am going to pull this one, since the pics are linked to my members gallery and I would like to post some new pics there, soo… Will have to try to find some space somewhere to host them?? ph2t may pm you re this??

Impreza
      Participant

Ok, I am going to pull this one, since the pics are linked to my members gallery and I would like to post some new pics there, soo… Will have to try to find some space somewhere to host them?? ph2t may pm you re this??

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.