Bit Tar-Ga Tasmania (BCG Race day).

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      DaveF
      Participant

Who would be interrested in a Race event(s) in Tasmania? I can provide a track in the Hobart area, prehaps HSV can provide a track in the North of the state – I won’t speak in his behalf though.

Obstacles to get around include:

[*]Need a suitable venue – perhaps someone with contacts in an RC club around Hobart can offer a venue and suggest a night of the week/weekend for the race.
        [*]Competitors may need to purchase a 1.0 motor if they don’t already have one, as the track isn’t really suitable for faster engines – see pictures off the link in my signature.
        [*]Nothing decent to offer as a prize, though I don’t mind whipping up another home made trophy.
        [/list]

If you’re interrested in competing say so in this discussion.
        If you’re able to help in some way with the organisation or have ideas that may help make it a more interresting day, let me know your reply.

The event probably won’t be for a month, at least.

RacerX
      Participant

I’d be intersted for sure.

DaveF
      Participant

Where about in Tas are you RacerX

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Yeah id come 🙂

RacerX
      Participant

launceston in tafe right now in class:D I’ve got 3 bit’s a skyline, s2000, and a clone evo.

Edited by – RacerX on 18 July 2003 11:53:47

DaveF
      Participant

I figured you’ld be in Jamie. Where’s Josh?

RacerX -so you would travel to Hobart for a race day/event, or would you be hoping HSV is willing to allow others on his track?

Barrelll
      Participant

Hey Dave

I havent been around much, but yep me and jarratt would be in, we could use our track too, you can have a faster motor on that.

We could probably have it down at sandy bay as we were racing down there before and know the people but well organise that at a later date.

If anyone wants a race but has no bit, i have some spares so u can bring a couple of mates…

Later.

RacerX
      Participant

Hopefuly be abel to drive down unless my golf dies:dead:. got to love vw’s

But if there is one in launceston I might stay for it (The car has never been driven that far since it was rebuilt)

Edited by – RacerX on 18 July 2003 21:51:35

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

I’m all for it too.

My track is available any time, I’m in Devonport and have a good size area at home for my track and a few extra bodies, only problem I have is transporting my track too far (unless I can put it in the back of my work ute)

How awesome would it be to get all the different tracks together in one the location at the same time!!!

We could even run it like the real Targa with cumulative time/points for the various tracks.

Due to distances, a weekend would be my prefered option to get down to Slobart. But Launceston wouldn’t be a big problem for a weeknight.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

RacerX where abouts in launnie are you?

Barrelll
      Participant

Yeh i reckon a big meet on down in hobart one weekend, have a serious day of racing on a variety of tracks, we could probably provide the location. Did dave want to organise times, dates, etc?

DaveF
      Participant

I’ll orgainse times, dates, etc once I know what sort of interrest there will be. Once I have a list of interrested parties, hen I’ll ask around for best suited times/dates so we get the largest available field of racers.

The Targa time trial thing sounds good. We could throw in a few race Stages for good measure. Either way we’re pretty well limited to 4 cars on the go per round.

RacerX
      Participant

jamie I’m out a windermere towards g-town sux.:sad:

DaveF
      Participant

I thought we had more Tasmanians on this list.

How many friends do each of us Tasmanians have that own the cars, but aren’t on this forum, or haven’t spoken up yet? Get them on the forum, and get them to reply in this discussion.

Barrelll
      Participant

I have atleast one mate – jazza1984

DaveF
      Participant

I’ve got about 8 people who would be interrested in a race event. Most own their own BCG cars.

There’s need to mostly be 1.0 motor races, then an open mod section I suppose to let you tripple kryptonite battery, multi FET mod, titanium suspension, 24 carot gold heat sinc, types show off your beast. Not sure how well it’ll go round the track. Better add a bumper car mod while you’re at it.

RacerX
      Participant

I’ve got a friend or 2 that might be interseted But they have no cars (they can use my spares)

DaveF
      Participant

Yeah, my friends will be using my spares. Though I miht be able to convince a few to buy their own as well.

The wife has given me the credit card today – new shells, here I come.

I’ll wait for the super BCG sets in October to buy new cars.

Edited by – DaveF on 23 July 2003 09:47:12

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

lol naughty Dave!

Barrelll
      Participant

Dave, we have the super bit char-gs coming in any day now, definitely by monday, so you can come round and check them out, weve got the pullbacks already and new cars arriving any second… Anybody else thats interested in getting a super bit char-g PM me and well sort something out.

RacerX
      Participant

I’ll need at least 2 week notice befor it starts to get it off work. and a weekend would be best for me.

DaveF
      Participant

I’ll aim to have at least that much notice.

DaveF
      Participant

OK, can all those interrested email me with nubers of people they think will come along, and numbers of people they can almost guarantee will come along, which night is best for them, and once I have all that together I’ll start planning, and keep you all updated.

mefurillo@hotmail.com

Edited by – DaveF on 25 July 2003 12:23:21

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

I’ll confirm a little later with exact numbers etc Dave, but at this stage I would guess that I could have 1 or 2 likely drivers who would join me for the trip down.

It wouldn’t be too bad to tie our race day in with some other event that is coming up like a ‘big’ car car show or something.

Just thinking if we could raise the profile a little at the same time.

DaveF
      Participant

Might be worth a try. Certainly it would make your trip down more value for petrol money.

I’ll try and keep that in mind.

DaveF
      Participant

Does anyone have a timer? If someone can bring one along we could run timed stages.

Barrelll
      Participant

Hey

Yes i have a digital lap counter/timer so thats sorted 🙂

DaveF
      Participant

Cool. If you place a car in the beam, it starts timing a lap once the beam becomes unbroken, yeah?

Barrelll
      Participant

umm im not too sure, its the tomy one, cant remember but its pretty good.

DaveF
      Participant

Can you test that out and get back to me please?
      Or do they have a countdown start timer?

Cheers

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.